News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Cambridge meet 31/8/2008  (Read 12150 times)

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
Cambridge meet 31/8/2008
« on: 15, July, 2008 - 11:26:37 »
have sugested this before i think it would be around an 10 mile trip taking in all the sights of cambridge including the old sinclair building that was the old water bottleing plant all the route minus about 2 miles is all on cycle paths plenty of good pubs and good ale and lagers and ciders i have asked cambridge united fc if we can use there car park for the day as it is in my back garden so that should not be a problem if anyone can come up with dates any week end is cool i think but will need a loan of a c5 as mine is still a victim of a scuffle with a lorry cheers guys lets get these forums back to what they should be
« Last Edit: 03, March, 2009 - 15:36:31 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Cambridge meet
« Reply #1 on: 15, July, 2008 - 20:51:30 »
Count me in this time, Cambridge is close enough for me to be able to get back in time for evening shift, Any sunday except 17th august (the royal run)will do me.
p.s if its before can you bring me a pair of rear tyres Karl ?

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 16, July, 2008 - 08:39:58 »
This sounds like a good place to have a meeting. Since I've got the weekend off I'd like to nominate 30/31 August  ;D .My shift pattern is a bit of pain when it comes to meetings  :(  .Otherwise, choose a date and I will see if I can get some annual leave .

This should give you some time to fit the replacement axle and get your C5 back up and running :-*

*Andy: I've loads of tyres mate, dont worry . I might even get you to test some new ones I've got in that are a very close match to the original Sinclair tread pattern  ;)

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #3 on: 16, July, 2008 - 09:06:04 »
chopper tyres are very like the original i have one on the left side and one original on the right the only diffrence is the chopper one is a big wider and it has a red band around it 30/31st sounds good i am lucky as i have one of the only nursing jobs in the NHS that you dont have to work weekends lol :)

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #4 on: 30, July, 2008 - 15:59:31 »
i will know a date hopefuly soon as i am still waiting to know hols plans as had a death in the family and the missus has lost her passport so god only knows were we are going now. my sailing plans are now up in the air as well but it will happen i promise

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 31, July, 2008 - 14:48:50 »
sorry to hear the bad news mate  :-[

dont worry about the run,I'm sure you've other more important stuff to sort out

the run can be postponed until you're sorted  ;)

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #6 on: 04, August, 2008 - 18:37:17 »
the run will still happen mate dont worry

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #7 on: 13, August, 2008 - 17:16:12 »
sunday the 31st will be the date hopefuly will get my new c5 asap so will be able to run the route a few times to make sure it works well it will prob start around 12ish and we  will finish the route in around 1-2 hours

aandu

« Reply #8 on: 13, August, 2008 - 22:54:34 »
I am in Milton Keynes... Can I also join you folks? Let me know of the location/time details...

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #9 on: 28, August, 2008 - 00:07:04 »
will meet at 13:00 in the cb1 area of cambridge if you let me know you are up for comming i will send you all private msg with my house numer and post code and phone number

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 28, August, 2008 - 13:15:50 »
Cheers Alan

Having had a brief look around Cambridge (my satnav threw a wobbly on the way home  :o) it looks like a fab place to hold a run. There are bike lanes everywhere  ;D

Glad you like the"new" C5  ;)

See you Sunday !

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #11 on: 28, August, 2008 - 22:20:14 »
I was going to attend this one, but if you not planning to set off till after 1.00pm then till would make it to tight for me to get back home to go to work, so i had better give it a miss, have a great run and i will look forward to it next time.

Andy .

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #12 on: 29, August, 2008 - 12:16:05 »
just waiting for a response from ARU who own the sinclair building hopefully we can have some photos and a look around inside i will let you all know as soon as  i do

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #13 on: 29, August, 2008 - 12:35:07 »
its all cool they were more than happy to have us thier and thier marketing dept have offerd there services to promote the c5 how good is that

Karl

« Reply #14 on: 29, August, 2008 - 22:08:57 »
 ;D
Sounds like a fab run ,coming together nicely  8)