News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: First drive!  (Read 2618 times)

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
First drive!
« on: 08, September, 2011 - 17:30:24 »
It's been a great day so far - My battery finally got delivered just before lunch.
I headed home through the rain and popped it into my new baby ready for my first (proper) run.

I wheeled it through the front doors under the gaze of just about everyone from the office upstairs who happened to be going for lunch at the same time.

As lowered into the seat and flicked the power switch the rain stopped and the sun blazed.
I peddled a few meters on to the main road and pressed the throttle.... the traffic stopped and people climbed on the car roofs and applauded as a heavenly choir sang (ok, that didn't happen, but the sun did come out and it hasn't rained since)

It was great, I drove into town and had a spin round.

My new battery is a 44ah and I'm not sure it has the kick of the one that Karl brought for the test drive but it was only £35 so can't complain. The biggest worry is that as it's brand new, I'm not sure of how much charge it has and I didn't realise turning off the switch reset the indicator.

Hopefully it will be enough to see me home.

Whoop! I'm now an official C5 driver  ;D

Offline Lancealot

• Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: First drive!
« Reply #1 on: 08, September, 2011 - 18:25:57 »
Hi nice one, enjoy the ride.
In regard to the battery I would still give it a full charge and keep it trickle charged if it is a standard car battery.
Try not to fully discharge it to often or not at all. They also prefer gentle charging i.e. 2 or 4 amps and not 8 amps that some chargers can do. This will lengthen the life of a car battery.
Hope this helps.

Lance

Offline thedesigntailor

• designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #2 on: 08, September, 2011 - 20:27:06 »
Drive home was great fun too, though a little too short to quench my thirst to properly try it out. So I took it too the park where I even got compliments from the skater kids - "That's well sick mate!" was one comment.

Once home I gave the body a good clean and applied my companies logo stickers. I'm not sure how long they'll last as they don't seem that well glued. Any suggestions welcome.

Then my girlfriend arrived back so I took her out for a test drive as she's not been the biggest supporter of my buying the C5. She's completely converted now and almost had to drag her out of it to get back home!

Thanks Lance - It's on having a proper charge for the morning. The charger I'm using has a fast and slow charge but I'm not sure which side the rocker switch selects when depressed. Is it down for selected or up?

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #3 on: 09, September, 2011 - 00:43:34 »
Stickers / Transfers don't stick that well to the C5, maily because of the texture of the plastic. Where the reflective stripe and stickers either side of the light are attached it is smooth.

Some have given the area thats to have the sticker attached a very light sanding, but not what you might want to do to a C5 with a good body shell.

John
PLOD11

Offline thedesigntailor

• designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #4 on: 09, September, 2011 - 10:54:58 »
Ah - I might just have to accept they won't last Plod. I don't want to do anything permanent Till they fall off it's looking good. click for bigger

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 09, September, 2011 - 20:30:47 »
Looks good mate  8)

Offline thedesigntailor

• designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #6 on: 10, September, 2011 - 18:31:08 »
I was Stewarding at a local festival this afternoon and one of the organisers asked me to bring her down for a spin. The kids loved it, they are all saying they are going to save up for one now!

Even got a mention on BBC Bristol (apparently, I can't find it on Listen again) - they were talking about Redfest and they got totally distracted when the C5 was mentioned. I'll see if I can track the interview down!

Offline thedesigntailor

• designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #7 on: 10, September, 2011 - 18:52:33 »
Here you go http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00k04rb

Starts talking about the C5 about 2:43
The whole interview starts around 2.35

A few mistakes, It's Redfield not Redland, my company is Glow creative not Glow design and it's a C5 not C3 (though they did correct this!)

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 10, September, 2011 - 21:03:38 »
...an upright bobsleigh  ;D ::)

Fun interview though  :D