News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Make yourself known  (Read 32887 times)

Nitrowing

Re: Make yourself known
« Reply #30 on: 29, July, 2008 - 22:43:35 »
Hello all (again!), I'm Gareth, living in Cleethorpes with a C5Martin ebay purchase.
I've already fitted 5 LED headlight and an LED rear bulb and fitted 2 solar panels where the visibility flag mounts on the back.

I intend to have the front wheel replaced with an alloy one with disc brake and fit scooter wheels to the rear so I can -(don't hate me for this one)- tow it with my GoldWing. It will be a dual purpose machine! lol!

My only problem is time... I work away from home a lot and nothing gets done :(

Karl

« Reply #31 on: 30, July, 2008 - 14:40:45 »
Nice to have you back again mate  8)

aandu

« Reply #32 on: 30, July, 2008 - 22:50:01 »
Hi,

I am Anand. I live in Milton Keynes which is very suitable city for C5s.

I am a big fan of C5. Hoping to get my hands on one, pretty soon. Let me know if any of you know about any C5s for sale.

Cheers
Anand

Karl

« Reply #33 on: 31, July, 2008 - 14:17:09 »
hiya mate, welcome to the forum. 8)

Wizbat

« Reply #34 on: 03, August, 2008 - 12:37:20 »
Hi there!
I,m Paul and live up in sunny (occasionally) lincolnshire.
I,ve owned a c5 for about 5 years since seeing it languishing in an old boat house next to a property that I was working in and bought it for the princely sum of 50 kwid.
I originally had the idea of doing some heavy mods including twin steering wheels at the front and an engine/swingarm/wheel assembly from a stepthru moped on the back but after cleaning it up and realising just how good a condition it is in I haven,t got the heart to do it so it looks like it will be wizzing round with it,s electric power soon and for a long time to come.
It is a january 85 machine with black rear boot and twin battery.
All that is missing is the drive belt and batterys/charger, I have recently fitted a pair of mirrors that came with the car and It has scrubbed up rather well.
I already spoke to martin the other day about getting the car powered up and will be calling karl in the next few days.
Paul/Wiz

Karl

« Reply #35 on: 04, August, 2008 - 16:06:01 »
It's always nice to see new members joining in, so you're most welcome ;)

Check out the website for whatever you need, since Martin and I have taken the helm we've tried to ensure that what ever you see advertised is on the shelf & ready to go.

This is probably because I'm the worlds most impatient customer myself, and assume everyone else is the same as me and wants their goodies asap ;D

oldcomps

« Reply #36 on: 09, August, 2008 - 08:18:53 »
Hi all

Another Newbie signing in, I am Brian and live in sunny Cornwall (Not) it's a great place but like the rest of the UK at the moment not enough sun. I have been a Sinclair fan for a long time and have various stuff including TVs radios, multimeter's, computers and calculators I even have a black watch somewhere. I am now lucky enough to own two project C5’s with the intension of building one out of the two as soon as possible, then finding the parts to rebuilding the second as and when the parts come along. Unfortunately neither came with the extras like indicators horn or mirrors, hopefully I will stumble over these in time. Great site and I hope I can end up contributing something useful.

Cheers
Brian

jomac

« Reply #37 on: 09, August, 2008 - 21:05:13 »
hi Brian, must have a chat sometime, i collect old comps as well, and Sinclair stuff, welcome to the site

pabunce

« Reply #38 on: 10, August, 2008 - 10:28:26 »
Brian

I am also in Cornwall, Saltash, and have owned my C5 for about 3 years...use it around town but a bit hilly.

What part of Cornwall are you in?

Paul

oldcomps

« Reply #39 on: 10, August, 2008 - 11:51:46 »
hi Brian, must have a chat sometime, i collect old comps as well, and Sinclair stuff, welcome to the site

Hi if your still collecting we should chat as I am thinking of scaling down and might have something you may be interested in. email or message me and I will give you my contact details. some of my stuff is on www.oldcomputers.co.uk

What part of Cornwall are you in?

Hi Paul

I am in St Austell and work in Lostwithiel both can also be a bit hilly

Cheers both
Brian

jomac

« Reply #40 on: 10, August, 2008 - 22:39:14 »
can you contact me on what bits are spare, i could be interested

Stuuu!

« Reply #41 on: 18, August, 2008 - 22:17:08 »
Hi my name is Steve, just picked up 2 C5s from Perth and may have been seen driving down the M6 and M40 back to sunny old London with both attached to the roof of the car. My girlfriend and I had A LOT of curious looks on the way back.

Am more of a Speccy geek rather than C5, but have ALAYS wanted one and now I have :-D

Hope to catch up with some of you soon :-)

jomac

« Reply #42 on: 19, August, 2008 - 03:37:51 »
Nice to see, a few more faces here, and that the site is growing, a few computer geeks are here(ahem) and newbies and one only 10 years old (a future historian maybe?  check out bubble and say hi), I was proud to be involved in a small way in the sinclair past, and is a passion of mine, i currently work for a slavedriving company who throw me into a locked room for the weekend and i invent machinery, i have a doctorate in Physics, and qualified in mechanical, electrical and electronics. I love to add diverse ideas to the C5 or anything else.

I also have to restrain myself from working too hard as i have a beautiful wife that i dont want to neglect ;D ;D ;D

Karl

« Reply #43 on: 20, August, 2008 - 10:43:05 »
It's good to see the number of people on the forum growing  :)

A BIG welcme to all our new members  8)

spudit2003

« Reply #44 on: 20, August, 2008 - 19:15:23 »
hi
im Lewes and im 18, ive had my C5 for about 6 weeks, altho havent been at home for most of that.
im from norwich, which has few hills (which im so thankful for when my battery runs out).
am gonna replace all the tyres and tubes (original rubber not really holding the air) and try and sort out the charging problem (im sure there will be a post on the techy bit of this forum soon)
am hoping to use the C5 to go to the school where i work as part of my degree