News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: 48v 1,5Kw  (Read 14427 times)

Offline KarlG

• Battery level: 8
  • You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
Re: 48v 1,5Kw
« Reply #15 on: 27, May, 2015 - 21:32:05 »
Hi Maarten,

a very nice piece of work, but you will have problems obtaining ULA chips. So an alterative to the original ULA would would be a good and very desirable solution.

It would also be interesting if you design the unit to meet the Pedelec Regs.  :) as I'm looking for one.

Cheers.

Karl.

Offline Maarten

• Battery level: 0
  • Not long now until the C5 becomes 60 years old.
« Reply #16 on: 27, May, 2015 - 23:58:35 »
Hi Karl,
Thanks, i know there is a replacement chip for the ULA chip, a arduino nano, but to be onest, i never hade a pod in use, dont even now witch light for what, or what values the signal comes in, but when im done i know, and probebly design one whit a Atmega chip as brain and a real pimp the pod, also led based ,mayby a new housing someday;)
For the pedelicsystem, think you won to instal that in the controllerbox, pod is i think more a display, and pod pcb is just practise, just orderd have of the parts from china, and now the ULA chip is hard to come buy, perhaps for the future the pcb wil be needed to, and else its nice to learn and make things:)
But hope to place some pictures more when having some parts on or make a video for youtube

Greetings
                Maarten

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
« Reply #17 on: 28, May, 2015 - 06:47:52 »
Hi there it sounds great hope to yo can make one as Karl says the ULAs are getting really hard to find in working condition ..
I will be following your posts and hope one day that you will be able to make one working .
Bye Chas

Offline Maarten

« Reply #18 on: 29, May, 2015 - 17:46:35 »
Hi Chas,

First won to replicate one just to understand, ULA chips are verry rear and cost, probably the got  differnt pin function than a Atmega chip so probably gone redesign that, so the board whil be different but fits old pod, and maybe some more practical functions, but first have to get a ideear of the incoming signals to get a ideaar of the code to wright, but there is a begin, probably start soon whit the Atmega PCB sinds getting 5 new chips next week

Greeting
            Maarten

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
« Reply #19 on: 29, May, 2015 - 22:17:23 »
 Hi there Maarten thanks for the reply it sounds like you are going to have a go at making a new Pod that would be great looking forward se seeing it progress ...bye Chas ..

Ps I am in touch with Perran  the one who designed the pod/ control box so if you need any info I could ask him for the info you need
Bye Chas

Offline Maarten

« Reply #20 on: 02, June, 2015 - 19:40:27 »
Hi Chas,

You now the man ho designd it origanaly?, how cool is that:), but if he stil remebers ,perhaps a pinlayout of incoming signals and perhaps ohms law if aplied( i think sinds there is a thermocouple that shifts leds) and a schunt that is monitord i think ,ad a chip and perhaps could rewrite a simple arduino code to replace ULA chip for a Atmega, but real nice you now that Perran, would speed up things if i now witch signal coming in on what pin.

Regards Maarten.

Offline KarlG

• You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #21 on: 02, June, 2015 - 20:34:05 »
Hi Maarten,

will send you some info by email.

Cheers.

Karl.