News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: The first c5alive meeting abroad - The Netherlands 8th/9th/10th July 2011  (Read 39375 times)

Karl

Sorry all,

Was hoping to come but just remembered it is the same weekend as the British F1 grand prix. Can't be in two places at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join in the c5 fun and watch the F1 procession on your iPhone  ;D

Offline Ton C5

• Battery level: 4
  • If it aint broken, dont fix it
Re: The first c5alive meeting abroad - The Netherlands 8th/9th/10th July 2011
« Reply #31 on: 06, February, 2011 - 14:20:24 »
Hi Guys,

keep me posted on the meeting please, i try to come at least 1 day !.

Ton

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
« Reply #32 on: 06, February, 2011 - 15:28:04 »
Hi Ton, where your from? I hope to get the program together with Karl soon, so we know what happens on what day. You have a C5? You want to drive along, you are interested in the auction, or the parts marked?

hope to see you there,

Frank

Karl

« Reply #33 on: 07, February, 2011 - 11:55:04 »
Hi Guys,

keep me posted on the meeting please, i try to come at least 1 day !.

Ton

Hi Ton - it will be good to meet you. I'm hopeful we'll have quite a few c5's there and as Frank says, the event is starting to take shape  :)

Offline Ton C5

• Battery level: 4
  • If it aint broken, dont fix it
« Reply #34 on: 08, February, 2011 - 13:20:13 »
Ha Guys,
i really bussy right now, i have to be short.
i use to have 3 C5's sold to to simon in rotterdam kept 1 in good condition.
i am from the a city close to rotterdam

Offline frankev

« Reply #35 on: 24, February, 2011 - 23:26:14 »
Hi BooBoo,

Glad to tell you that there are already seven confirmed C5's from holland at the meeting and I do expect a few more when we have the final programming.
Jeroen,
Matthijs,
Alwin,
Jeroen,
Robert,
One more (don't know his name ???)
Me, a few maybe's and some one day visitors

Hello Denmark, hello Germany, hello Belgium, hello Italy, you're all invited as well. Stronger even, Everybody with a C5, where-ever you come from. Just let us know at the forum if you want to join. The more the better.

greetz

Frank

Karl

« Reply #36 on: 25, February, 2011 - 22:09:10 »
I've started a new topic on how best to get to this run;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1711.0

...open to some suggestions  ;)

Offline frankev

Two more Sinclair enthusiasts from the Netherlands are going to attend.
This makes the confirmed count from Dutch C5's now 9.
 ;D ;D ;D
This really looks to be turning out into a good run!

Frank

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Karl - any idea what time you are planning to leave on the Friday - im trying to juggle my shifts about  :)

Karl

Karl - any idea what time you are planning to leave on the Friday - im trying to juggle my shifts about  :)

I've reserved a space for you and Matt on the "bus" ,I'm planning on booking a crossing for around 12 noon so we'll need to leave my place in Crawley around 0900 .

The 4x4 and trailer will be going the Harwich-Hook of Holland route and will be leaving much earlier around 5am to get to Harwich on time. Although you're not "booked" to go in the 4x4, it is carrying all the luggage and, more importantly, all the c5's. If you can't get down on the Thursday night it might be an option to bring your c5's down earlier  ? Drop me an email and see what we can sort out. 

c515mph

Hi Karl,is the bus full for this event?

Karl

Afraid so, just waiting on confirmation from those that put their names down.

Karl

Ray - Marty has had to pull out so there is a spare seat in the bus if you still want it .

Karl

The latest list of those attending this run from the UK;

myself
Angie (noonoo)
Jordan (Elmo)
RentboyDave
Steve
ElectricDave
Scott

Tony & Max - own transport

...plus awaits confirmation from MikeDx

Any others ? I really must start sorting out the bookings for the crossings and the hotel so please let me know asap.

Karl

The latest update on this trip.

So far I have booked the ferry crossing for the trailer and my 4x4 plus myself , electricDave and Scott. We will be going the Harwich to Hook of Holland route ,reducing the amount of time spent motoring.

The second vehicle ,to be driven by Steve, will go via the Eurotunnel meaning we can delay booking that for a little while longer. This will be a shorter sea crossing but a longer road trip.

We still need to book the hotel accommodation and have settled on the Inntel at Zutphen;
 http://www.inntelhotelsresortzutphen.nl/

..I have spoken with the reservations desk at this hotel and obtained a provisional quote of 66euros per room per night. This may be reduced if more people attend - but if we leave it too long and more rooms are booked up while we wait - then the cost may increase. I would like to book the rooms on Monday 11th April, so if you're thinking of coming along with us then please decide very soon.

If you leave it until after I've made the bookings it doesn't mean you can't come along, just that you will need to make all your own arrangements.

I phoned Frank as well to sort out any other arrangements that needed discussing and we have agreed for all those taking part in the run to make a contribution of 15 euros towards a lunch on the Saturday and a souvenir from the trip. More details to be published later, but it seems a fair price  :)