News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: The first c5alive meeting abroad - The Netherlands 8th/9th/10th July 2011  (Read 39360 times)

ScubaChris

You know, I really fancy this trip. My C5 should be back on the road within a week and what better maiden trip than a few days in the Netherlands?

I'll have to do a bit of research into crossings & prices and make a decision within the next couple of days.

C.

Karl

Making good progress on this now  8)

Ferry crossing booked for the 4x4 and trailer, so transport arrangements for all the c5's for seven of us are sorted.

Hotel accommodation now booked with deposit paid.

Just the eurotunnel crossing to sort for Steves car and remaining passengers then we're all set. Tony and family are arranging their own crossing etc but will be joining us for the run and staying at the Hotel.

If anyone else does decide to join in and wants to stay at the same place just drop me an email and I'll forward the necessary info to make a booking. You will need to sort your own transport though.

ScubaChris

Looks like it's going to be a great trip. I nipped over to France the other day - we took the car on the train for the first time. What a great easy way to cross the channel! We'll definitely be doing it again sometime.
Unfortunately I can't get over to the Netherlands for this trip (no way to transport the C5) but if it's successful then fingers crossed something similar will be arranged next year.

C.

tomsa

we'll have to do a bit of research into crossings & prices and make a decision within the next couple of days. I hope that it will be a great trip! :D

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
Looks like it's going to be a great trip. I nipped over to France the other day - we took the car on the train for the first time. What a great easy way to cross the channel! We'll definitely be doing it again sometime.
Unfortunately I can't get over to the Netherlands for this trip (no way to transport the C5) but if it's successful then fingers crossed something similar will be arranged next year.

I really hope to make it an annual event as well.
In Holland, since it is a bike here, you are aloud to take your C5 into the train with you.(buy ticket for it)
And a roofrack does the trick as well.

greetz

Frank

Offline frankev

Hello everybody,

About the meeting in Zutphen, the Netherlands, 8, 9 & 10 july 2011.
Everybody is very welcome to attend, it looks, with 23 Sinclairs attending till now, to become a major event. I would like to put a few little items to your attention.
To make it a smooth event and a memorable one, I would like to ask everybody who is attending for a small financial input.
If you attend both runs, Saturday and Sunday (till 14.00 hr) I ask for a contribution of 15 Euro. If you only attend on one day I ask 12 Euro.
Why I do this is for the following reason. Everybody that joins a run gets the special Coffee or Tea mug.

And I want to organize a picknick during each run, so I like to pamper you all, so we can concentrate on the (fun)run.
Also, I have two stickers for everybody, one to stick on the boot off your Sinclair and one for you to keep, collect or put on E-Bay  ;)
So I would like some feedback from all off you. Do you think its a fair price?
Or would this financial sacrifice be a reason for you, not to join?
I would also like to make T-Shirts off the event but it turns out that they would cost about 13 euro each.(printing in color on both sides)
I can order them, but I don't know how many of you would like to have one and I don't know your sizes.
Please, if you know you are coming over, send me your address (not E-mail)
so I can send you some info and material in advance. So please send this to me or to Booboo. (E mail addresses at the member section)
Well, looking forward to meet you all, open for suggestions,

greetz

Frank

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Fantastic stuff - gutted we cant be there !!!!!

Offline frankev

Extra info about the Meeting in Holland.

I used a few days to get a collective insurance ( for damage inflicted to others) for all people that come along for the runs in Zutphen at 9 and 10 july 2011.
This is very hard. Especially because a lot of you are coming from abroad.
Since the insurance companies only work with ready made packages and are not willing to improvise or cooperate (except for very high hour-rates)I would like you all to take care off a insurance yourself. I think you call it a liability insurance. Maybe it is already included in your travel insurance. Look into it.
If you take an insurance overhere it will cost you about £ 1.70 for a month but this is only for people that live here. And remember, the runs are in a weekend so the insurance companies are closed then.
No panic. i planned the run over very smoothly bicycle roads and since the Sinclair is soft outside and most owners are very careful with their 26 year old C5, nothing is likely to go wrong but I can not accept liability for you all.

But as far as the rest is concerned. It is looking good, better every day.

greetz

Frank

Karl

Final travel arrangements have been made for my "group" that are going, Steve has booked his Eurotunnel crossing  :)

So we're all set !

Offline frankev

Sounds great Karl,

On this site arrangements are ready as well, just have to find inspiration now to send everybody the final made program. Buy the mugs and the t-shirts and we are ready to go. Could use some advise from you but mail you about this tomorrow.

greetz

Frank

Offline frankev

I do have confirmations from four nationalities now!
Looks like there will be about thirty C'5 together on the saturday run.

Wow.

greetz

Frank

Karl

Very impressive mate , you have worked really hard on this - all credit to you  8)

Offline scott

• Battery level: 8
on the ferry to Rotterdam only six hours to go :-)  and I found me c5 on it's side with battery acid everywhere :-(

Offline frankev

Don't worry Scott,

I bought some demineralised water for you to fill up the battery in Zutphen.

greetz

Frank

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
on the ferry to Rotterdam only six hours to go :-)  and I found me c5 on it's side with battery acid everywhere :-(

Scott bud you are so dam unlucky !!! - Hope you have a great trip and run out there - enjoy !!!!!