News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Do any C5'ers other than me live up north?  (Read 15763 times)

ScubaChris

Do any C5'ers other than me live up north?
« on: 09, April, 2011 - 21:03:34 »
There are so many great events being organised on these pages but they all seem to be so far down south  ;)

I'm hoping to bring my newly restored C5 to one or two events this year but it would be great if we could arrange something more convenient for us northeners...

Any other North-ites on here who'd be interested? I'm on the Wirral (north west).

C.

c5virgin

Re: Do any C5'ers other than me live up north?
« Reply #1 on: 09, April, 2011 - 21:07:13 »
sorry bud, way down south, soham, Ely. very flat here though and perfect c5 terrain! travel alot though so if im up that way and i can find some locking wheel nuts for my c5 will give you a shout lol!
pete

ScubaChris

« Reply #2 on: 09, April, 2011 - 21:44:25 »
sorry bud, way down south, soham, Ely. very flat here though and perfect c5 terrain! travel alot though so if im up that way and i can find some locking wheel nuts for my c5 will give you a shout lol!
pete

Hmmm... That's usually the image southeners have of Liverpool. Usually the ones who have never been there  ;)

That said, the Wirral isn't Liverpool. It's pretty rural where I live and very flat (apart from the hilly bits of course).

C.

c5virgin

« Reply #3 on: 10, April, 2011 - 07:45:21 »
I was up that way in my old job alot, loved liverpool, people very friendly and nice. Never been to the wirrral though so it could be a good day out once i change engine on saab. There is a lovely newly built cycle path between soham and ely which is smoother than a babies backside so will try that one evening in the week. Its about 3 miles long right beside the river so will take some pics and post on here.
pete

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #4 on: 10, April, 2011 - 08:01:21 »
Hi yes I live in Manchester and Coverman lives Leeds and we have both mention that we are up for a northern run.

thank
Lance

ScubaChris

« Reply #5 on: 10, April, 2011 - 09:10:01 »
I think before the summer's out we should throw a few ideas about... good locations etc.
Must get some roof bars for my car though. I have a Fiat 500 and there isn't a chance in hell I'll shoehorn my C5 into it. Not even with a tub of grease and a sledgehammer.  ;)

C.

marra

« Reply #6 on: 10, April, 2011 - 11:21:32 »
There are 5 other C5 users and myself in the Fylde coast and Preston area and 2 in Crosby and another in Skem. We tend to have gatherings on Blackpool prom south to Cleveleys (15 miles round trip ) Southport also.To the southerners thats flat ! As its so easily mistaken for Ben Nevis all around these parts. Blackpool prom is having a major revamp and the tram tracks taken up so its all shut, looks like Southport could be for 2011.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #7 on: 10, April, 2011 - 12:04:27 »
Thanks ok with me I used to live in Southport & still got my brother living near Ainsdale beach. I am in just a date & time as long as not working .

By the way it is open to the southerners if any want some northern hospitality.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

regards

Lance
« Last Edit: 10, April, 2011 - 12:07:36 by Lancealot »

ScubaChris

« Reply #8 on: 10, April, 2011 - 12:24:45 »
Thanks ok with me I used to live in Southport & still got my brother living near Ainsdale beach. I am in just a date & time as long as not working .

By the way it is open to the southerners if any want some northern hospitality.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

regards

Lance

Apparently they need locking wheel nuts, immobilisers & alarms before venturing this far north as we are so crime-ridden up here  ;)

Seriously though, Southport would be cool with me as would anywhere else in the north west. I'm easy going with dates - I'll make the time. ;D

C.
« Last Edit: 10, April, 2011 - 12:26:29 by ScubaChris »

marra

« Reply #9 on: 10, April, 2011 - 12:30:52 »

regards

Lance

As long as they dont come up wearing long tails and top hats, pickpocketing and singing a song of sixpence and calling us all ' Guvna ' , then yeh.

c5virgin

« Reply #10 on: 10, April, 2011 - 14:31:46 »
4 hour trip for me so could do a sat if i came up fri night and travel lodged it, depends of course on work but it would be good to get away and do a run. Not sure if top hat and tails will be back from the dry cleaners but picking pockets will be good ;)
ta guvnor
pete

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #11 on: 10, April, 2011 - 16:10:28 »
Hey guy's lets meet in the middle at my Northants run ? :) :)

ScubaChris

« Reply #12 on: 10, April, 2011 - 18:44:12 »
Hey guy's lets meet in the middle at my Northants run ? :) :)

Mate, if I can get hold of some roof bars then I'll try to make it.  :)

C.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #13 on: 11, April, 2011 - 09:45:44 »
Northants is about same distance for me as going to Blackpool.Depends on date.

Offline vanpeebles

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #14 on: 11, April, 2011 - 13:16:35 »
Hey how come all of you lot live down south  :P