Other Interests, Hobbies and Sinclair Products > Other interests and hobbies

Slow running MAC Powerbook G4 Pre Pentium 2 processor ARGGGGHHHH!

(1/5) > >>

copendriver:
Hi All

Wonder whether any of you mac users have any suggestions as to improve the speed of my aging mac lap-top in the short term, as maybe a temp solution until the financial climate improves and I can move on to a newer machine?

When I've multiple web applications open, it used to be fine, but over the last 12 months it's timing out showing the circular rainbow & I'd like to throw it out of the window!
I know you can de-frag and de-clutter a PC but I'm clueless how to do this on a mac, or if indeed it's even required? Maybe I should be running a few different checks? Any ideas, most welcome.

I've also had problems getting my updated i-phone 3 (from 2) to synch with my old mac, which alas still runs on MAC OS X. I looked into updating to Leopard but I have the Pre-Dual core processor model & it's not able to run the correct operating system, which is needed for the compatible i-tunes download which is required.......

Think I am asking a bit much of a machine that's 5 maybe 6 years old, but with the backlit keyboard & silver finish it's visually streets ahead of most PC laptop styling, isn't it?

Thanks

Neil

copendriver:
I guess as I've had no replies here that the future of my Powerbook is bleak and I'll just have to stump up some dosh and modify / replace it.

Just as I thought really. Neil  ???

vanpeebles:
What spec is it? I'd be tempted to fit a solid state hard drive, more memory and reinstall the OS. I used my dual 500mhz Powermac for ages till I had to upgrade to something newer for youtube vids etc.

copendriver:
Hi Van

Mine's a pre-pentium dual core processor spec & I think that's the trouble?

Neil

vanpeebles:
Do you know the actually mhz and name? Power PC cpu?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version