Other Interests, Hobbies and Sinclair Products > Other interests and hobbies

Jouta 2000

(1/2) > >>

frankev:
Hi, its about time for an update,

I bought myself a trike bike from 1988.
If you compare it to the Sinclair C5, can you see the ten differences?

The rear steering is really strange.

greetz Frank

kamilb1998:
Looks quite interesting!  8)

Could you post up some larger photos?

frankev:
Yes I can,

Sorry, used the wrong page for the pics. ::) I'll try again.
Dinner was served, so I posted them fast. :)

The Jouta 2000 was build in 1988 by a dutch company. It has three gears and a 45 liter boot, (there is no engine there, yet 8)).
The body is the frame. There is no suspension.
 Since the strange steering construction, it steers with the back wheels, you can easily fall of if you are used to normal biking. You have to learn how to ride it because the front where you can sit doesn't tilt the way your used to. Thats the reason they stopped production of the 2000 version very rapidly. It is relatively easy, but people aren't eager to learn to ride all over again. The company is still building different models today but they are much more easy to ride. I will try to find some more info. There is also a little hook to hang it from the wall (nose up). So in the shed it takes as much space as  two crates of beer.

I'll try to obtain some more info.

greetz

Frank

Lancealot:
Frankev,

Very different.................................

It must be very weird that rear stearing but quite a different design. How was you thinking of powering it via rear or front wheel. I would look at a front wheel drive so that on power you dont just bend in half and end up going in circles. Also with the size of the wheels it looks like a standardsize that you can get.

Lance

frankev:
Hi Lance,

I was thinking in therms of powering the front wheel.

This was a engine found by Quasimodo with hand-throttle and control unit.

greetz

Frank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version