Other Interests, Hobbies and Sinclair Products > Other interests and hobbies

The Estimas replacement

(1/2) > >>

minidaz:
As some of you know, the time had come to part with our trusty C5 carrying vehicle, a Toyota Estima. So a couple of weeks ago we said bye. However, before it had gone, we'd already bought it's replacement  ;D

You can still see the Estima in this pic.

It's yet another import  : 1996 Mazda Bongo 2.5V6 Petrol. After a lot of research it turns out that there isn't much difference in MPG between diesel and petrol ( they're both quite low  :P ), but it's not going to be an every day vehicle.  We wanted something that was a bit more suitable for camping, and with the pop roof, it can sleep 4. The plan somewhere down the line is to do some sort of camper conversion, of which there are several options.
At the moment it seats 8 using 2 rear benches, which can handily be moved around, or taken out, so gives plenty of room for carrying a C5 or 2  ;D 

We signed up to the Bongo club, and are going to their big camping event in June. This year they're having a mini fun olympics, and one of the events, i think meant for invalid carriages, is an Electric Trike Race ..... well, it would be rude not too wouldn't it  ;D

radiomarty:
Looking good Daz  :) :) :)

marra:
My favourite camper  ;D Is it the 4WD ? The 2WD is no different to the TD in economy only less torque. unless your wanting to tow, But a 6 pot your laughin anyway. I can remember in the late 90's at festivals they were nicknamed the ' Bonking ' , obviously from what went on  ::) . Nice motor fella.

minidaz:
It's 2WD ( rear wheel drive ). Having had the Estima for so long, which was a diesel, it's surprising how much quieter the Bongo is.
We're actually planning on going to a few festivals in it  ......  but think the only cause of a ' van a rockin' will be the children moving around inside  ;D ;D

Lancealot:
I had the Crysler Grand Voyager 3.3L petrol did 17-18mpg normal and upto 22mpg motorways.
If pushed it went down to 8mpg.

Got rid but great car, lots of space for a few C5...........................................................

Lance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version