Other Interests, Hobbies and Sinclair Products > Other interests and hobbies

Windsurfing

<< < (3/3)

RichardV:

--- Quote from: thedesigntailor on  04, April, 2013  - 12:57:30 ---Is windsurfing difficult? Always wanted to try it but have crap balance.

--- End quote ---
No naturals in windsurfing, it's all about how much you want it.
There are a couple of types of windsurfing.  Drifting around on a big board can be learnt in a few hours, it's social and you would pick nice days that are sunny with light wind.
The 2nd type is shortboarding which takes some effort to learn, you have to want to do it, but it's addictive flying across the water, carving around turns, and doing loops in the air.  This kind generally takes place when it's very windy, and conditions are too horrible for the general public to be out, which is why most think windsurfing is long gone.

thedesigntailor:
hmmm - the other hobby I wanted to do was bodysuit gliding. But I think you have to be a mega trained parachutist to do it so maybe this will be more realistic

coverman:
As a former windsurfing school & shop owner and a landyacht racer I  can assure you that fitting a decent sized sail to a C5 will only end in  disaster. Its far too narrow,and far too weak; a landyacht has a really wide rear track and enormous negative camber;they also have no brakes;using brakes under sail would be very dangerous. Speeds achieved on landyachts are way way beyond the C5 tyres capability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version