News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Another toy....  (Read 4729 times)

Karl

Another toy....
« on: 17, August, 2013 - 20:57:07 »
My trusty Ford Explorer was getting a little tired so I've found myself a replacement. I searched for another Explorer but I think all the good ones have gone, so went for a Jeep Grand Cherokee instead;

So far so good  8) Only a couple of small faults to sort out but then it was such a cheap car to buy I'm still really pleased with it.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: Another toy....
« Reply #1 on: 17, August, 2013 - 21:07:02 »
Hi Karl,

Nice car but very thirsty..................................

Had a Grand Voyager 3.3L Auto - Lovely car but only 18MPG.

Lance

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 19, August, 2013 - 06:23:00 »
Good old bus Karl, we used to be a Jeep dealer, so I might be able to help you with the faults when it comes to info, we no longer stock any parts and the diagnostic equipment is a bit out date now, but if I can give any advise etc let me know.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 22, August, 2013 - 22:04:04 »
Good old bus Karl, we used to be a Jeep dealer, so I might be able to help you with the faults when it comes to info, we no longer stock any parts and the diagnostic equipment is a bit out date now, but if I can give any advise etc let me know.

Retro Andy.

Thanks for that Andy, most appreciated.

So far its just been fiddly little bits to sort . The bulbs in the rear light units are the weirdest I've ever seen and not at all like the traditional stuff in my spares stash in the garage, but then I'm probably a bit of a dinosaur having only owned older cars before  ;D.

The expenses for sorting out all it's little faults so far has been around £100 at the moment so quite chuffed with that. Had to have a seat bracket welded , a drive belt rerouted to its correct path, bulbs, and upper track rod ends. The rear section of the exhaust had to be refitted properly...previous owner used a proper comedian as a mechanic ( to think he actually paid someone to do that to his car !)

All that's left now is to get the spare keyfob working and the stereo system is a bit iffy with a suspected amplifier fault.  Not wanting to tempt fate but for such a cheap car it could have been a whole lot worse.