News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: non working c-5  (Read 3566 times)

marc

non working c-5
« on: 05, May, 2009 - 13:15:29 »
i was hoping someone could help me bring my c5 back to life.i made a error of using it with a standard car battery bad idea i think,when i connect the battery the lights on the pod light up and the front light works but no power to the motor ,just nothing happens.marc 01842 815927

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: non working c-5
« Reply #1 on: 05, May, 2009 - 14:12:40 »
Wouldn't have thought it's the battery, unless it is flat, as i think most of the people here use either car or leisure batteries without issue ... me included.

I'm not to good on the teccy side ( only had mine a week ), but i'm sure someone will be along shortly to help out.

Welcome to the forum  ;D

Daz

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 05, May, 2009 - 15:05:56 »
Hi mate, most of the working c5's you see will be using a car battery, the most of them have the C5 Alive wiring kit which is a real step in the right direction, i had a problem with mine when i first got it going, it went about 1/2 mile and stopped working, i talked to Martin, he's the techincal brain of C5 Alive (sorry Karl, i'm not staying your not smart ;D, but he is :D) and i sent both my control box and pod to him, he found and fixed the problem quickly. He can be contacted in the evenings, good luck.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 05, May, 2009 - 15:17:31 »
Andy is right, I know my limitations - I'm more than happy to experiment on my own C5 but accept that doesn't qualify me as any form of expert  ;D

I'd still be tempted to try a few cheap and easy checks first though ;

Unplug the pod and check the connector is not corroded

Check/replace the glass fuses in the control box

Check all your connections are ok.

If you've still got snags ,then the next level would be to get Martin to bench test your stuff so that you know for sure what works (or not..) ;
http://c5alive.co.uk/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=19&products_id=36&osCsid=4880e8be98492364864cc6aaf361f249