News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: GOCYCLE and Bad surpirse  (Read 5967 times)

Offline Thor069

• Battery level: 1
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
GOCYCLE and Bad surpirse
« on: 23, August, 2012 - 12:22:16 »
Hello to ALL,

I guess you was very lucky with the results of the Olympic Games and overall the British results with bicycles or?
I have passed my trip with my son to London good but now I have a problem.
But first the story.
In this trip to London I would like to try a electric-Bike in special the GOCYLE but there was very difficult to find a shop(Chain) that have one to show and to let them try.
After a few shops and chains, I was send to CYCLESURGERY in HOLBORN, where they have search me one, I think it was a second hand one.
I was there with my son and to make a test they have said that I must pay a refund off the total prices (1295Poundes) to try the bike. I have said but there is my son waiting in the shop but they still wanted the refund and I without anymore discussion have made the refund by credit-card.
The technical support there was good and the 15min test has showed me that this system to cut off by 15mph is a sh…..
So I give the bike back after a total of 25min be in here shop.
So now the problem, when I come back to Spain and I look on my Bank account is see first that I get back 1591€ and in the next movement they charge me 1660€ so I have ask the shop why is there this big differences and they said I must ask my bank.
Talking with my bank they said this is why the shop have made a fold and NOT have cancel the transaction of the refund, no the have sell me the bike and the differences is the result off the changing rats of money.
So I very unpleased to lose for a fold off them and for nothing to get (15min. test) where the have said that the test no have charges.
I have now write a few mails to the shop to get back this deferens of money and also I have give them a possibility to give me the differences in a gift check and not in money BUT the play to know nothing and don’t give me a answer.

Anyone have had with this bike-Chain any problem and have get there a solution and witch more way are possibly to get back this 69€ that I lose of a fold of them?

Thank you for all your help + greetings from the 40Degree hot Valencia.

Thorsten
 :-[ :-[

Karl

Re: GOCYCLE and Bad surpirse
« Reply #1 on: 23, August, 2012 - 12:35:37 »
Sorry to hear of your bad experience mate. Have you complained to the local Trading Standards office ?

Here is a useful link ;

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/index.cfm

I looked up Cycle Surgery Holborn and found an address and post code of 3 Procter Street  Holburn WC1V 6DW
 020 7269 7070

Using this post code give you a local Trading Standards Office of;

London Borough of Camden
 Trading Standards Team
 Camden Town Hall
 Argyle Street
 London
 WC1H 8EQ

t: Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 04 05 06
 f: 020 79746940
 e: ppp@camden.gov.uk
 w: London Borough of Camden Trading Standards website

Notes: Consumer Advice: 020 7974 6924

I would speak with the guys at Camden Trading Standards and see what their advice is.

Offline mhurt

• Battery level: 3
« Reply #2 on: 23, August, 2012 - 13:25:08 »
I wonder if it's to do with exchange rates, and bank fees for conversions?

I know that on the one occasion when something similar happened to me (albeit with much smaller amounts), I lost money as the transaction was in Dollars and I paid in GBP. I got charged a fee for the conversion into $ for the purchase, and then charged for the conversion from $ to £ on the refund, plus there was a change in the exchange rate, and that affected me.

Might be worth checking for.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 24, August, 2012 - 10:07:10 »
The latter is the simple explanation. About 4.4% , most of which will be the bank fee for using the creditcard abroad, the rest the difference in currency conversion costs at that moment.

Offline Thor069

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 10, September, 2012 - 23:00:39 »
Dear and Thanks to all,

Than you for all the help form you.

I am very agree that the guys are playing a game of time with me.
When I was to TRY not to BUY the bike I was going there with my son (2 times) and I have let him in the shop also I have ask if to try the bike is free of charges and they said me yes.
If there not have made a refund better they have sold me the bike before trying I fell a little bit li… to me and its was not my fold to not cancel in 15-20 min. the transaction with there bank.
I think his post service is not clear and the amount of 69€ is not money for a big Bike-Chain in London, also I have gave them the possibility to “pay” give me this money in items or a gift check from there shop so they real not will lose this money and I will get anything for my money.

But there are not interested in real solve this problem.

So I think I must go the way with this “Trading Standards office”.

Thanks for all and I hope to see you one time with my C5 or in England or Spain.

Best regards.

Thorsten

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 11, September, 2012 - 11:15:32 »
So I think I must go the way with this “Trading Standards office”.

Thorsten

You should contact them as soon as possible to get your complaint registered and progressed.