News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2051 times)

Dogtemple

Hi
« on: 21, August, 2009 - 14:06:15 »
Hi

just registered here.  ive always wanted a C5 as i dig alot of retro stuff, such as big ghettoblasters and bikes etc

heres some of the blasters

I saw a c5 at a boot fair, was ropey and needed quite a bit of work to it and he wanted over £200, the motor just needed 'wiring up' he said.  there was a big cable with a switch labeled WATER so i figured someone stuck a washing machine motor in there.  so i walked away from it.

but ive been looking ever since and doing quite a bit of research, that was about 6 weeks ago and im looking for one thats complete but ripe for improving.

ive got some ideas just need a C5 to put them into practice.   dont worry though my ideas only extend to making it more usable and perform better mechanically.  nothing too vulgar like body kits and the like!

im off to ask some Q's now!

Karl

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: 21, August, 2009 - 18:33:13 »
wow , gotta luv those ghetto blasters - what a blast from the past  ;D

Brings back memories of 1980's excess when everything had to be done to excess to be the best  8)

Do they all work ?

Dogtemple

Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: 21, August, 2009 - 18:53:57 »
why of course!

some better than others, they all have minor faults of some kind or another, just goes with the territory due to the age etc.

they all function pretty well though, its mostly bits which are rare as hens teeth to replace or too obscure and near impossible to fix. 

the silver one on the left, its burglar alarm is temperamental when you set it ???     see what i mean! ;D