News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Classic & Sports Car Magazine : (16/2/10 Cambridge)  (Read 21685 times)

Karl

Classic & Sports Car Magazine : (16/2/10 Cambridge)
« on: 04, January, 2010 - 12:05:01 »
More details to follow, but I will be helping out with a magazine article provisionally booked for Tuesday 12th January in Cambridge.

From the email I received;

I'm a freelance writer looking to put together a feature ....on the Sinclair C5. Thankfully, for yourselves at c5alive, we have decided to take a more enlightened view of the C5 than some other car magazines, and give it a re-evaluation in this era of congestion and readily-available cycle lanes, especially as every year at the Tokyo motor show, yet another Japanese manufacturer reveals a single-person, white-painted 'pod car' claiming to represent the transport of the future. I like to think we Brits got there first.

I also am of the opinion that a car along the lines of the C5 is a 'people's car' in a way that even a Mini or a Beetle isn't, as, if a modern interpretation went on sale, it would be no more expensive than a cheap, imported Chinese scooter, and yet provide stable, reliable city transport for people as young as 16 who could afford to buy and run it on the most meagre of salaries.

Anyway, in order to do the test and put Sir Clive's creation in the right setting, we'd like to test-drive a good-condition (ie with the electrical system fully-charged and working) C5 around Cambridge.

Do you know of any owners in the Cambridge area (or anyone who is capable of slinging their C5 in the back of their car and driving there to meet us) who might be willing to help us with this feature?

Seems rude not help  ;D

If anyone wants to tag along and help out as well , let me know  8)

« Last Edit: 03, April, 2010 - 08:16:56 by BooBoo »

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: 12/1/10 Cambridge :Magazine Article
« Reply #1 on: 04, January, 2010 - 13:43:44 »
I imagine a C5 would go down well in Cambridge ... it's definetly a city more friendly towards bicycles than cars.
Would be cool to come along, but unfortunatly it's a Tuesday ( always a busy day for me ), and my C5's the wrong colour  ;D , but have fun, and i'll get Emily to keep an eye out for you ( she works in Cambridge ).

Daz

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 04, January, 2010 - 20:35:49 »
Would love to come to this but have used all my day's up from work - (until April anyway)

c515mph

« Reply #3 on: 04, January, 2010 - 20:37:04 »
If you are going,I may be able to tag along.Maybe the snow will have melted by then,LOL.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #4 on: 05, January, 2010 - 07:50:52 »
Would love to come to this but have used all my day's up from work - (until April anyway)

I'm much the the same, would love to join in with every event if I had my way, but no holidays till April 1st  :'(

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 05, January, 2010 - 12:06:04 »
I know what you mean about the time off work  :-[, the date was chosen as it's a "rest day" in my shift rota. The guy doing the article needs it to be done on a weekday to fit in with the photographer.

Sounds like Ray is up for it though  :)   

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #6 on: 06, January, 2010 - 14:52:23 »
if you can give me times i should be able to do it as i live in cambridge still not got a new pod or control box put might hard wire it up so dont need one may not be able to get online to check so if anyone needs me or a place to park or set up give me a ring on 07824425462 cheers guys

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #7 on: 06, January, 2010 - 14:56:42 »
please let my know asap karl i would love to do it but will need to sort shifts but please phone

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 06, January, 2010 - 18:22:28 »
please let my know asap karl i would love to do it but will need to sort shifts but please phone

hi Alan - I'll call you tomorrow afternoon, I'm on night shifts at the moment and struggling to catch up with all the phone calls and emails  8)

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 10, January, 2010 - 22:21:57 »
Looks like the snow is in no hurry to leave - unless it warms up over the next 24hrs it's looking doubtful that I will be able to manage to get to this.

If anyone else is able to attend and help out with this it would be most appreciated .

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 12, January, 2010 - 08:47:00 »
This has been postponed until February, another victim of the snow  ::)

This year hasn't started off so great...almost as bad as the football fixtures  :P

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 15, January, 2010 - 12:56:56 »
New date for this ;

Tuesday 16th February

If anyone else wants to come along let me know.

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
Re: 16/2/10 Cambridge :Magazine Article (rescheduled date)
« Reply #12 on: 20, January, 2010 - 17:58:14 »
willl book it off now i have fixed her up now works with a no control box and a new kind of pod all will be reveled soon i promise its taken a year

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #13 on: 21, January, 2010 - 09:50:50 »
Do you have any times Karl as it would be a 3 hour drive for me?

Karl

« Reply #14 on: 21, January, 2010 - 10:57:17 »
If anyone is interested in tagging along to help fly the flag ,drop me an email and I'll reply with the location details - I haven't posted all the info on here because it's an open forum . The meeting time is set for 10am.

I'd like to think the more c5's there the better , it'll make for some good pictures for the article  ;D
« Last Edit: 21, January, 2010 - 10:59:17 by BooBoo »