News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: What is it about a C5?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline pso-buzz

• Battery level: 4
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
What is it about a C5?
« on: 05, November, 2012 - 20:59:58 »
Hello

I would love to hear people's reasons for getting interested and buying a C5.

I became the owner of one a few weeks ago after looking for one for a few months.  I have been trying to think about why I like it so much.

I am into classic cars so I suppose it is a classic vehicle. I like messing and restoring things so there is another.  Also it's pretty cheap compared to other classic vehicles.

I have to admit most people who I have told that I bought a C5 have said oh wow. A few have looked at me like I am an alien!

Is it a nostalgic thing?

I am also interested in them because it was such a failure of a project for some strange reason.  That anyone would plough so much investment into this thing makes it a one off. 

Anyone wanna share their reasons for C5 enthusiasm?

Simon

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: What is it about a C5?
« Reply #1 on: 05, November, 2012 - 21:13:36 »
Much like you I am also into classic cars. But the main reason I bought a C5 because it enabled me to ride/drive a motorised vehicle at 14.

Offline Phoenix

• www.PhoenixDriving.org
  • Battery level: 3
  • I love my C5
    • Driving lessons Cirencester and Cheltenham
« Reply #2 on: 05, November, 2012 - 21:37:36 »
I had a go on one when I was 10 years old and loved it, now I'm 36yo and I have had mine for about 3 months or so, and I love it, fun to drive, turns more heads than a Bentley, looks great, just makes me smile.

I have used mine once or twice a week since I brought it, so seems to be reliable too. (Touch wood)

Well ahead of its time, but I think the best thing about it is the fun, me and a few friends took it down to our local park and we spent the whole day messing around on it.

As a driving instructor I spend all day driving, if I have a hard day it's great to get on the c5, and just play.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 06, November, 2012 - 10:59:08 »
Bought mine as a curio. Cheap, easy to restore, small enough to store easily.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #4 on: 07, November, 2012 - 17:59:14 »
I remember the hype around the launch time and considered buying one  but opted for a beat up mark 3 Cortina (2 liter GT) - When Matt my son spotted one on the gadget show some 23 years later the search began - Guess it is a bit of a nostalgic thing  -to be honest we have had a real laugh with them and if I lived nearer to my place of work I would use it as my daily commute - we now have about 10 between us and have restored  many more  :) :)

Offline KarlG

• Battery level: 8
  • You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #5 on: 09, November, 2012 - 21:27:06 »
While I was in Holland I saw a few thee wheeler recumbents, they really impressed me to the point I wanted to buy one. I was unable to find a dealer in Germany who could supply me with one so I decided to build one myself. I bought an adult trike with in intention of converting it, but with work and family pressures it never materialised. After the death of my partner and the daughters moving out I moved to a small apartment, but didn't have the space for the trike so I sold it.

Then came the age of the IN, one day while surfing though YouTube I came across the C5. As soon as I saw this I knew I had to have one, it's better that converting a trike. Now I have two and I'm not too sure they are better than a conversion job, but what the hell, they're FUN.