News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: switch fault  (Read 2688 times)

maccblade

switch fault
« on: 30, July, 2008 - 11:56:11 »
Hi
I have just found this site and had an enjoyable time reading all about the c5.
Having just bought one i wonder if I could pic somebody's brains please! On getting the C5 home I made sure all the obvious things are in place, stripped, cleaned and re-greased the motor/gearbox, which were all fine. The tyres remain with good pressure despite being the old, originals with several small cracks on them. Not wanting to pay out for a new battery befor knowing if all was ok, I borrowed a suitable car battery and wired it all up...suprise, suprise, everything worked (not sura about the lights yet, how do you switch them on?) The only problem I have is that the battery isolator switch is falling to pieces. Do I buy another? and where from if I do need to? Do I buy pass it or do I buy the replacement wiring for £30 from 5Alive (or anywhere else).
Also, are there any real pitfalls i need to watch out for.
Regards to you all, looks like I am turning into a bit of a fan.

Karl

Re: switch fault
« Reply #1 on: 30, July, 2008 - 14:46:08 »
Hiya mate

The light switch is the small black rocker switch fitted on the "lip" of the seat on left hand side - as you sit on the beastie .

I'm assuming what you call the "battery isolator" switch is the original keyswitch ? If so, I can sell you a replacement but would recommend the C5alive kit. The original keyswitches are now quite old and getting a bit temperamental. The new c5alive kit also has protection built in to prevent damage if you connect the battery up the wrong way round.

Karl   

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 30, July, 2008 - 18:08:46 »
Here Here, I wanted to keep my c5 original with the sinclair battery top and ignition key set up, but found this very difficult to find a suitable battery and when i did the switch was'nt getting contact all the time. once i fitted the c5 alive wiring loom its worked 100%, plus you can still keep the original switch and key etc if you wanted to keep c5 for show, but if you wanted to use it then fit the wiring from from Karl/Martin.

Retro Andy

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #3 on: 29, August, 2008 - 11:51:54 »
buy the wiring kit its well worth it and keep the bits in a bag in the loft