News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Royal Mail & PayPal - The troublesome twosome  (Read 2897 times)

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
Royal Mail & PayPal - The troublesome twosome
« on: 30, November, 2009 - 18:41:14 »
Hi...
As you may or may not know, I make a living from repairing iPods. I have used eBay to buy faulty ones and sell working ones. However, over the last few weeks I have been really annoyed with the service. I sold an iPod as Faulty. The iPod was delivered, opened and further broken by the seller -who then claimed the full amount back via PayPal!  :o

Next,
I ordered a broken iPod Mini for repair, but what do I get? And empty envelope in a Royal Mail 'Sorry your item is broken' envelope. The iPod was stolen by Royal Mail and I didn't even get an apology! However, on the plus side I did get compensation - A book of stamps!  :o And why? The iPod wasn't in a box. Jiffy Bags are not adequate packaging for anything according to Royal Mail.

I really have had it with these two. Whats more, the prices have increased!
But if anyone is interested in sending large items, try InterParcel. The cheapest 6.99 delivery is UPS next day - and Royal Mail charge 49.78 for the same parcel. (up to 20kg)

Hope you don't get snookered like me...  ???

Mark

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Royal Mail & PayPal - The troublesome twosome
« Reply #1 on: 01, December, 2009 - 07:30:31 »
Thanks for the warning matey

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 01, December, 2009 - 12:12:13 »
Sorry to hear you've been stung Mark - I'm still smarting from my run in with Paypal  >:(

Offline minimin

« Reply #3 on: 01, December, 2009 - 17:33:19 »
 ;D ;D ;D
Top Banana Paypal.
After a very,very angry call, I received a full refund.  :D
Maybe a PayPal boss is a keen C5er too!

Mark

Offline techytype

« Reply #4 on: 02, December, 2009 - 20:05:03 »
my son has a tale of woe with the Post Office and T-Mobile, he paid an installment of his contract over the post office counter in cash as adised can be done on the TY-Mobile bill.

about week later his phone is cut off, he contact T-Mobile who state reason as non payment, he says he has paid and has a receipt from POC but T-Mobile rep states "T-Mobil no longer accepts the Post office for payments because of issues".

he counters that might well be, but POC is still stated on that bill under payment methods and how is he to know? did they publish it??? NO!

so we fax over the payment receipt as then asked.  - to be told they don't accept it as proof!!!!!!

ended up i paid on a card to restoe his phone, after 9 weeks he gets a credit on his account, then 3 days later they cut him off again, wait for it ----- for none payment >:( - but his account is in credit for twice more than the outstanding amount.

the mind boggles  ???

now he pays me and i pay t-mobile, but they keep cutting him off before they send the ruddy bill out ::)

end of contract - will be END of T-Mobile contract