News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: My 24 VOLT C5 ON EBAY  (Read 3542 times)

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
My 24 VOLT C5 ON EBAY
« on: 21, April, 2012 - 09:40:22 »
Hi all just a quick word as you probably know that my 24volt c5 on eBay sold ...But I later found out that  just become a Ebay and that he lived in Denmark .....Bells started to ring so I sent 3 emails asking him when are you going to pick up and pay for the C5 as Ebay has already charged me for the sale .After the last email here is what he said ...Dear capslock10wood,
Hi ;-)

Thanks for your e-mail.

I'm afraid I got this totally wrong - I thought that you were based in Denmark...
Consequently it will be very hard for me to pick up the C5 :-)
I therefore truly appologize and would like to cancel the bid.
Best regards,
/Steffen
- mrcurran

I checked his ID and found that he had just registered with Ebay that day and has no feedback ...Anyway I will report him and hopefully get my charges back ....ps As you can see his ID  MRCURRAN if he bids on anything of yours I would advise that you cancel his bids

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: My 24 VOLT C5 ON EBAY
« Reply #1 on: 21, April, 2012 - 09:52:57 »
Thanks Chas - looks like e-bay can be a real pain in the neck at times - good luck with the sale and i hope you can get your fees back - Marty

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #2 on: 21, April, 2012 - 12:50:12 »
Chas what about the second chance element...............

Lance

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 21, April, 2012 - 13:06:25 »
I had something similar.  I sold a hard drive to a guy call Computers Galore, he paid by echeck and I posted when it cleared.  On the day of posting he opened a claim saying it did not work, even though it was impossible for him to have recieved it.  Ebay and pay pal froze the payment and refunded him the money.  I had no say in it at all and he never returned the drive.  I dont think I will sell anything on ebay ever again.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 21, April, 2012 - 16:56:08 »
I had something similar.  I sold a hard drive to a guy call Computers Galore, he paid by echeck and I posted when it cleared.  On the day of posting he opened a claim saying it did not work, even though it was impossible for him to have recieved it.  Ebay and pay pal froze the payment and refunded him the money.  I had no say in it at all and he never returned the drive.  I dont think I will sell anything on ebay ever again.

ouch ..not good. Sounds like the guy has used that scam before !

• Millennium Member
« Reply #5 on: 21, April, 2012 - 18:21:11 »
Hi all I reported him to someone on Ebay by phone and explained what he had done  ...And that I wanted my charges back ..They said that I had to cancel the transaction and he had to do the same but I made it clear that it was not me that was at fault ...And I don't want any comebacks ...Ebay said that there would be no problems ...(I did not want any reports/strikes on my ID or feedback) so I canceled the transaction and contacted the Ebayer to let him know what I had done and if he did not do the same after 7 days the case would be closed and I would get my fees back and he would get a NON PAYING strike against his name or ID ...
Any way it wasn't long before he canceled the transaction and I now have my fees back ...so be aware .....
ps on my listings I do not allow bidders with less that -1 feedback to bid .But I will now change it to no less than 5 positive feed backs to bid unless they contact me before they bid....
see some of you down at Karl's in the morning ..bye Chas

Offline Dave.76

• Battery level: 3
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #6 on: 21, April, 2012 - 18:36:16 »
Hi
Sorry to hear you have been messed about but it’s good to hear you will get your charges back. Ebay can be a nightmare at times.  I nearly had an unpaid item strike against my name because I paid cash and the seller forgot to mark it as item paid. It took loads of phone calls to ebay from me and the seller, who happened to be a work collegue, to sort it out.
I must say I was slightly worried this week when a fuel pump I had advertised on ebay was bought by a newly registered ebayer with 0 feedback. Fortunately in this case he turned up when arranged and collected and paid for it. So they are not all bad. Phew!

Hope your second chance offer works out ok.

• Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 21, April, 2012 - 19:07:44 »
Hi I did not contact the second chance offer person ....Regarding Ebay I cannot grumble I have been a member for over 10 years and done quiet well selling and buying  to people all over the world ...And my positive feedback from 2 accounts is nearly 2000 + 2 neg and 1 neutral not bad for 10 years ...

• Millennium Member
« Reply #8 on: 21, April, 2012 - 19:13:55 »
Yes it will be ..Bye Chas

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #9 on: 21, April, 2012 - 19:21:11 »
Good to hear you got it sorted  Chas  :)

Offline Dave.76

• Battery level: 3
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #10 on: 21, April, 2012 - 22:47:48 »
Yes thats excellent  feed back.  :)

I have a love hate relationship with ebay I love the things I buy from it, but hate the fact it takes a large chunk of my money to do so lol.

Glad you've got it sorted.