News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: C5 Transport  (Read 28266 times)

Karl

Re: C5 Transport
« Reply #15 on: 15, May, 2009 - 16:26:36 »
Vauxhall Zafira. But snap them up quick! GM looks to be bankrupt  ;)

..do you know if you can fit two in a Zafira ?

I'm assuming getting a c5 into in a Zafira would be easier than getting a c5 a Renault Scenic, ie no need to remove seats etc.

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #16 on: 15, May, 2009 - 17:47:46 »
Ish. You have to fold down the back seats, the front left or right and middle and then you have plenty of room. But I suppose that if you really wanted you could get two in. I thought that it would be OK with the back ones down and the front ones up - how wrong I was!

Leeb7613

« Reply #17 on: 16, May, 2009 - 10:22:33 »
I should think 2 C5's in a zafira would go.

Dont be fooled (like I was  >:() by the new Mondeo estate, I read the specification book on dimensions etc and thought 2 C5's would fit in (they did in the old style Mondeo, nose to tail way).

I have tried all ways up to get 2 C5's in.....nose to tail....wing mirrors removed.....all to no avail, this has put paid to me and my son getting out the C5's together :'( :'(

Time to invest in a trailer??????   Anyone have any suggestions??????

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #18 on: 16, May, 2009 - 11:43:08 »
Dont do as me, i bought a Citroen Xantia after selling my Toyota Supra, my C5 fits in the xantia ok, but when i went to insure the car last month found out i could'nt transfer the insurance from the supra as it was on a classic insurance policy and because i can't use my no claims discount on both cars, the best quote i have got is over £400.00 and as nice as the car is i dont want to pay that sort of money on a car that only cost me the same when i would only do about 2000 miles a year in it, so i might sell the xantia and buy a bike again. Does anyone want to buy a xantia 3.0 auto, top of the range exclusive model.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #19 on: 16, May, 2009 - 19:58:49 »
Does a multi-car policy not work out any cheaper ? Companies like Admiral and e-car insurance do them.

http://www.admiral.com/help/multicarFaqs.php

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #20 on: 17, May, 2009 - 08:37:52 »
The price included the multi-car and online discounts, i still might bite the bullet and get it insured, it seems such a waste after buying it i spent a day cleaning it and it is a nice old car. I still intend to get a bike again when i can efford to have one only to use on nice days etc. Here are some pictures of the beast.

Retro Andy.
« Last Edit: 17, May, 2009 - 09:03:47 by Retro Andy »

Karl

« Reply #21 on: 17, May, 2009 - 14:53:41 »
mmm, leather trim - lovely. 8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #22 on: 17, May, 2009 - 17:48:13 »
You sound like Homer Simpson  :D

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #23 on: 17, May, 2009 - 18:57:54 »
You sound like Homer Simpson  :D

Retro Andy

..we have a similar physique ,if ever they make a movie using real-life actors I could be in with a chance  ;D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #24 on: 12, July, 2009 - 09:30:40 »
Well after thinking long and hard and after a few mechanical problems i.e the header tank split and i thought that one of the head gaskets may have gone, but only turned out to be a faulty thermostat. I decided to sell it, i parked it up the road last weekend and sold it for £550.00, so i got back just about what i spent in buying the car, replacing the thermostat and header tank etc and the £50.00 cancellation fee from the insurance, now i think i will wait for something to be traded in at work with a bit of tax and mot for the winter and also look for a cheap bike for next summer. No more 3.0 petrol drinking autos, as much a nice a drive they are, i think something like a 1.0 fiesta will do me.

Retro Andy. 

Karl

« Reply #25 on: 12, July, 2009 - 21:11:48 »
Glad you managed to "break even" mate, quite an achievement in the present climate.

Karl

« Reply #26 on: 10, March, 2010 - 08:50:58 »
Any updates to this topic, what other cars can swallow up a Sinclair C5 and still carry two people around ?

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #27 on: 10, March, 2010 - 09:51:13 »
We now have a mazda premacy sport, its like a tall estate car,  the rear seats come out really easy if required, but I can fit a C5 buy removing only two of the rear seats and you can still get three people in it.

Retro Andy
« Last Edit: 10, March, 2010 - 18:27:55 by Retro Andy »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #28 on: 10, March, 2010 - 15:39:36 »
With a bit of juggling I manage to get two adults , two kids and one C5 in a Zafira - can also get one c5 and two 'humans' in my Mk3 Cavalier

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #29 on: 10, March, 2010 - 18:31:33 »
Renault scenic