News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Wales pics  (Read 6167 times)

blabblub

Wales pics
« on: 22, April, 2008 - 14:41:24 »
(Sadly it appears Kevin has deleted his piccies)

« Last Edit: 04, May, 2009 - 14:25:11 by Karl (C5Alive) »

DonkeySpank

Re: Wales pics
« Reply #1 on: 22, April, 2008 - 16:30:19 »
Hey nice pics!!

Here are a few snaps I took on the day...

UNLOADING...

UNLOADING MORE... ;)

NICE LINE-UP

AND ANOTHER...

HOOVER BUILDING AND STARTING POINT

WE'RE OFF!

THE OPEN ROAD!

BRAKES FAILED!

THE END...!

FAME AT LAST! :D

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 22, April, 2008 - 20:40:15 »
Nice piccies guys !

I'll post mine up over the next few days....just got in from a 12hr shift so I'm not feeling very "I.T." orientated at the moment  :P

Hank Ladd

« Reply #3 on: 24, April, 2008 - 13:47:26 »
Im going to upload my pics asap, im waiting for my internet to be activated at home! I have a letter from sky at home so fingers crossed it will say something about it when I open it! Has anyone got lots off copies of that newspaper!

Hank

DonkeySpank

« Reply #4 on: 24, April, 2008 - 17:32:40 »
Hank - I bought 2 copies of that paper - Unfortunately (maybe) I cut out the article, pretty much as you see it in the scan.  But if you want the article I will post it to you mate.  Just PM me your address and I'll get it sorted this weekend.

By the way, today (Thursday) is the day that the local paper The Merthyr Express is published - they interviewed me (YAAAYY!!!) for an article on the C5 event so fingers crossed there'll be more coverage of it in the papers today!  I've asked my mum who lives in the area to get me a copy - if I end up with spares I'll post here and forward to whoever wants it.

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 03, May, 2008 - 21:54:07 »
Did everyone who took part in the "Hoover run" receive their plaque okay ?

Plus, I still have a few copies of the newspaper if anyone missed out...otherwise I'll have to sell them all to Lee,Lee  :-*

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 03, May, 2008 - 22:11:20 »
Here are some of my piccies from the day ;

« Last Edit: 03, May, 2008 - 22:13:14 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 03, May, 2008 - 22:14:46 »

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 03, May, 2008 - 22:16:39 »

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 03, May, 2008 - 22:18:55 »

WhiteVanMan

« Reply #10 on: 21, July, 2008 - 04:56:58 »
Finally got around to posting my pics....

Cant believe Karl that you have posted a rare pic of me in a C5 !!!! 

Anyway - despite the rain (and plenty of Nurofen+ - I had a bad back!), I had a great time.  10/10 to Karl and Angie for keeping their sense of humour over the weekend.  You needed it...  it was a weekend that would have tested anyone's patience.  I was SO glad that I was staying in a nearby Premier Inn Hotel... it was warm, comfy and DRY!!!!!!

As ever (speaking as a true support vehicle veteran on these events) there were one or two disappointing aspects of the trip, but on the whole we all had a good time and it was well worth the time and trouble of going to Wales etc... just to see you all o/s the Hoover Building.  Following you on the run (in Karl's Mum's RAV) was - as always, a "voyage of discovery" and I was very impressed with the local plod who stopped the traffic for us.  It was also great to see just how much interest there was at the site and to see so many people queue to have a ride. 

(photo's moved/deleted in photobucket account)

Thanks also to Steve, my co-pilot... who had the scariest job of all - putting up with my driving.  Cant wait for the next time!!!!!

Well done Karl and all the C5ers who attended.

WVM
« Last Edit: 16, July, 2011 - 07:32:41 by BooBoo »

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 23, July, 2008 - 10:53:44 »
Some classy piccies there Phil  :)

So much has happend since this event, it makes it seem like such a long time ago :o

This wasn't so much a baptism of fire, more like a trial by rain/wind/storm  :-\, but yes it was worth it and I look back on the event with a smile.

I do fancy a return trip in 2010 for a meeting to celebrate 25yrs of the c5......being such a wimp I might move it from the January launch date to later in the year though   :-*

DonkeySpank

« Reply #12 on: 24, July, 2008 - 16:54:34 »
How about a trip to Crystal Palace in January 2010 to mark the 25th anniversary of the "official" launch instead?  Yep it'll be freezing cold but it'd be fun to re-live that fateful press launch when the press mericlessly ripped the C5 to pieces for skidding on ice, etc etc etc?