News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Cif versus Cillit Bang  (Read 6744 times)

Karl

Cif versus Cillit Bang
« on: 28, July, 2010 - 21:01:34 »
I've always tended to use Cif (the fluid/foam spray, not the thick cream) and found it ok.

Just tried out cillit bang and have to say it's not much different - neither better nor worse  ;D

What is very one else using nowadays ?

Offline plumber

• Battery level: 1
Re: Cif versus Cillit Bang
« Reply #1 on: 28, July, 2010 - 21:30:54 »
hi ya booboo...iam using traffic film remover.....i must say very good.....and brake clean in hard areas...but be carfull.....will put up some pictures of my old c5 that i sold....it was painted red and when i got it, it had a red tinge to it...but look a1 now....

the plumber

Offline plumber

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 28, July, 2010 - 21:35:39 »
mikedx will rember this c5 as we were both bidding on it.....lol....... :D

the plumber

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 28, July, 2010 - 23:46:16 »
Have tried Cif and Cilit Bang and found the same results - also tried Flash kitchen with bleach but noticed some 'spotting' - best result so far was cilit bang combined with a jet wash.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 29, July, 2010 - 08:31:10 »
When refurbing a c5 bodyshell, I use a jetwash to blow the old stickers off. It makes life nice and easy especially when removing the old side stripes.

Before discovering the joys of a jetwash, I used to sit there gently scraping the old stuff off - which was a bit of a pain !

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #5 on: 29, July, 2010 - 22:33:44 »
Found by heating the side stripes and decals with a hair dryer they come or real easy

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 31, July, 2010 - 08:56:18 »
I found that a good steam clean first to get the worst off and stickers if tatty, then a pan scrubber with Jif (sorry I mean Cif) cream cleaner with hot water and I used wire wool in some areas to hide the scratches (it works, but don't go mad)
As some of you know I keep a bottle of spray flash and a cleaning cloth in the boot as this will quickly clean Charlie up if wanting too

Retro Andy.