News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Sinclair batteries  (Read 12105 times)

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Re: Sinclair batteries
« Reply #15 on: 11, October, 2009 - 22:38:15 »
Blimey. I may give that one a miss then!

Perhaps I need to call Adam after all.  It's so hard knowing which one to get, then even harder knowing what charger to use with it!

Mike - since you already have a c5alive wiring kit fitted , your c5 is set up to use car/leisure batteries.

A safe option is to use a type 063 car battery, which is light, cheap and powerful enough for the job. Fits nicely in the allocated space, and not too heavy if you wanted to carry two for maximum range.

Ah, thanks good buddy.  Although I was aware of the wiring kit being in place, I wasn't aware that a car or leisure battery came ready with their terminals showing.  I thought they would need their tops adjusted to make this possible.  Don't know why I thought that. 

Maybe I was confusing myself with another method of connecting, or something to do with the lid conversions for the old Oldham batteries..  Perhaps I read somewhere that some batteries like leisure batteries have special clamps on wiuch I wouldn't be able to remove myself.  Perhaps I'm wrong.  Sorry if I'm confusing matters. Either way, I now appreciate what you mean, and will have a chat with some people and see what I can afford.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 11, October, 2009 - 22:40:48 by mike7201 »