News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: A Sinclair for all the family!  (Read 1580 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
A Sinclair for all the family!
« on: 29, March, 2013 - 13:14:17 »
I buy bits and pieces of literature if it's cheap, and I recently bought an original C5 promo leaflet. It's A3 size, full of reasons to buy one. Interesting, but one thing in particular caught my eye... A little sentence that said "By the early 1990's Sinclair will be producing a range of electric vehicles for the whole family". Now, we all know that 6 months after that leaflet was printed the company went bye bye, but it really makes you wonder just what this sentence could imply. It says to me that their could have been a potential C6 in the pipeline, a mini C5 aimed at kids... Or maybe even an electric car! Who knows what was going through Sir Clive's imagination, but I'd be interested to hear your speculations :-)

Karl

Re: A Sinclair for all the family!
« Reply #1 on: 29, March, 2013 - 13:33:35 »
If the c5 had been a success then the plan was to use the profits to fund the C10 and C15 projects. Some of Sir Clives designs show a small electric car that closely resembles the Smart ForTwo EV, many years before SMART put pen to paper.