News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Medway Festival of Steam & Transport 4th & 5th April 2010  (Read 13117 times)

Karl

Re: Medway Festival of Steam & Transport 4th & 5th April 2010
« Reply #15 on: 02, March, 2010 - 18:11:19 »
Just a reminder guys, this event is getting close so if anyone wants to come along they will need to regsiter fairly soon.

At the moment I'm the only one who has registered so we won't be allocated a particulary large display area unless a few more names are added to the list  ;)

Karl

« Reply #16 on: 14, March, 2010 - 17:51:01 »
There is a publicity day/PR event for this festival on Tuesday 23rd March so I'll be taking two c5's along to help out.

Steve has said he will be coming along to the actual event in April so I hope to be able to put on a display similar to what we had at Ardingly last year.

If anyone is going to this event don't forget to drop in and say hello  :)

Karl

« Reply #17 on: 23, March, 2010 - 14:36:57 »
I went along to Chatham Historic Dockyard today to meet up with Gail and help with the publicity for the Meday Festival of Transport by providing a couple of C5's .

Gail was interviewed by Julie from KOS Media Ltd  (www.kosmedia.co.uk). Both were sat in C5's during the filming , which also included taking them for a spin around the dockyard  :). I think the footage will be shown this weekend.

Rob and I were treated to a tour of the submarine HMS Ocelot as thankyou - which was much appreciated  8)

Some piccies ;

Karl

« Reply #18 on: 23, March, 2010 - 14:41:34 »

This place is quite close to me , less than 50 miles , so I think I'll be making a few return visits . It has so much there to see  :)

A big thank you to Gail for taking good care of us , looking forward to the main event on the Easter weekend  ;D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #19 on: 24, March, 2010 - 12:17:13 »
I bet you felt right back at home Karl on the sub, saying I know what that this, I know what that does etc  :D

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #20 on: 24, March, 2010 - 14:10:32 »
I bet you felt right back at home Karl on the sub, saying I know what that this, I know what that does etc  :D

Retro Andy

..the worrying part is I was in the Navy when that boat was still floating around.

Nothing like fond memories of a museum piece to make you really feel old  :o

The tour guide was great, but there was a bit of "poetic license" in the info provided  ;)

Karl

« Reply #21 on: 05, April, 2010 - 20:12:59 »
Well, we managed to put together quite a nice display for this event. Although the weather was a bit cold and wet to begin with, it did eventually brighten up.

There was a good crowd and lots to see, loads of classic cars,bikes and other assorted vehicles - very similar to the Ardingly shows we've attended.

As always the C5's managed to attract a lot of interest and we were kept busy answering all the questions  ;D

We didn't get time to take too may piccies, these are a few from when we set up and a few of the passing "Steam Parade" etc ; 

Karl

« Reply #22 on: 05, April, 2010 - 20:19:51 »

The hero of the day was once again Steve, who managed to get the big bus so we could transport all the c5's to the event. Couldn't have done it without him.

Funniest part was Angie getting stuck in the hatch on HMS Ocelot and having to be man-handled through the opening by Steve  ;D

It was a good day out and I'm glad we went. C5alive and the Sinclair C5's have a few more fans out there. One visitor even recognised us as being in Classic and Sports Car magazine  8)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #23 on: 06, April, 2010 - 07:16:18 »
Well done Karl , Angie and Steve - looks like a really good event and a top job of promoting the C5. Maybe if your thinking of a return trip next year we will get there.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #24 on: 06, April, 2010 - 11:24:05 »
As the lady said right at the end of the video "Brilliant" ! just sums up that felling when you get in a C5, Great stuff flying the C5 flag as always again Karl. I really like the picture of the old Ford Granada police car. :)

Retro Andy.