News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Wanted: Plastic motor and axle mount assembly and rear axle.  (Read 3022 times)

aladds

If anyone's got a spare motor & axle mount I'd love one. I'm also interested in a rear axle (Although mine might be recoverable...)

I'm in Cambridge, so can pick up if you're close or I'll (obviously) pay postage if not.

Thanks!

P.S. I also have a spare front wheel cover for part exchange if you need one.

marcdonnelly

Re: Wanted: Plastic motor and axle mount assembly and rear axle.
« Reply #1 on: 11, April, 2010 - 08:47:47 »
hi is the plastic cover for sale if so how much and want is the condition of it  maybe able to pick it up as only 30 mins away at brandon marc.

aladds

« Reply #2 on: 11, April, 2010 - 20:15:55 »
Sorry Marc, I've agreed to exchange it for a motor housing so it's gone. Sorry about that!

aladds

« Reply #3 on: 11, April, 2010 - 20:31:35 »
I've also realised that I don't need the axle, so I don't need an axle! :-p

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 11, April, 2010 - 22:45:24 »
I've also realised that I don't need the axle, so I don't need an axle! :-p

That is good news, glad to see you've managed a cheap fix  8)

aladds

« Reply #5 on: 11, April, 2010 - 23:23:17 »
I'll need a drive gear, however. Look at my old one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10211714@N03/4512670448/

(I've taken out the bearing, needs replacing)

Unless I drill into the bearing holder thingy and fit a couple of short bolts I have a feeling it'll slip and break up what remains of that side's plastic...  :-\

marcdonnelly

« Reply #6 on: 12, April, 2010 - 10:15:11 »
Thanks for letting me know the plastic cover was sold i hope your search for the drive gear goes better than mine i have a very large crack nearly to the end in mine. My freind had a new bearing pressed in is drive gear for £14.00 if this helps you let me know and i will give you the details of the location .Also hope to go to some meeting,s soon just got to get them indicators fitted first so hopefully see you soon marc.

aladds

« Reply #7 on: 12, April, 2010 - 19:32:04 »
I've just spent the last 20 minutes pressing the old bearing out of the drive gear. Getting the bearing & mount out of the gear is easy, but you can't get the mount as a part, so it needs to be cleared of the old bearing. I ordered bearings this morning, and they'll be ready tomorrow. £14 for the drive gear clutch bearing and £18 for a ball race bearing for the gearbox (my old one was rusty and making grinding noises)

I also bought some new washers and it's now all ready to fit. Just need to get everything together (hopefully tomorrow!)

aladds

« Reply #8 on: 16, April, 2010 - 19:39:27 »
Well, I broke the axle. It failed where I thought it might... ah well. Anyway no big deal, but I'd like an axle now! I've possibly found one, but if someone has one closer to me I might consider it instead... If you've got a spare, let me know!

Thanks,

Adam