News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Hello from Bristol  (Read 3358 times)

Vectrolosys

Hello from Bristol
« on: 21, January, 2010 - 10:34:09 »
Hi All,

I've joined the forum as I am looking at getting a C5 for a little entertainment. I'm heavily into cars (I currently own two neo 80's classics), vehicle maintenance, cycling and generally getting my hands dirty with anything that moves!!. I also have a keen interest in retro computing, notably products from Sir Clives arch enemy, Chris Curry, and electronics (so ripping apart and fixing old TV sets, Betamax or VHS VCR's etc).

I've always had an interest in the C5 and would like to find one that's not in mint condition, but is workable and a good basis to start a project of modifications to make it usable for the occasional work commute, or weekend jolly!!.

I hope to gain some understanding from here about enhancing the C5 etc and hopefully get some ideas!!

All the best,
James

Karl

Re: Hello from Bristol
« Reply #1 on: 21, January, 2010 - 10:52:45 »
Hi James - and welcome to the forum mate. you seem to have a healthy interest in the same sort of things that most of us like so you should fit in well  ;D

The pimping section might be of interest  ;)

Vectrolosys

« Reply #2 on: 21, January, 2010 - 17:45:52 »
Hiya,

Many thanks for the welcome. The pimping section has certainly given me some ideas, especially from an alternative drive method point of view :-)

James

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 22, January, 2010 - 00:07:27 »
Hi James a very warm welcome - Lot's going on here at the moment so am sure will find articles of intrest - keep an eye out for Boo Boo's metal gearbox which is the pipeline and other mods people are doing at the moment - if in doubt just ask.
Regards Radiomarty

Benniz

« Reply #4 on: 22, January, 2010 - 00:33:22 »
Hi James Welcome too!

I would say to keep your eye out on eBay
"project" C5's come up fairly recently So that would be my advice for what you want to do

Lots of Excellent people on here with lots of friendly and excellent advice

Enjoy! Ben

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 22, January, 2010 - 06:26:35 »
Welcome to the forum James and good luck in finding a C5, you will enjoy it  :)

Retro Andy
« Last Edit: 23, January, 2010 - 07:56:59 by Retro Andy »

Vectrolosys

« Reply #6 on: 22, January, 2010 - 10:26:35 »
Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm watching something on ebay at the moment, that is nothing more than a bunch of bits, but, for the sake of ease, I may just go for a cosmetically challenged runner!!

Watch this space as they say. The metal gearbox mod sounds interesting, I remember reading something about that a few years back....can't remember where though.

James