News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Stickers / graphics on a C5  (Read 7154 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Stickers / graphics on a C5
« on: 06, May, 2009 - 16:52:07 »
Thinking of putting some graphics on the C5 however, from looking at the C5 body, i'm not sure the type of graphics / decals used for cars ( bodywork and glass ) will stick, due to the type of plastic.

I know that you can get stickers to stick, as they come with them, and you also sell them in your shop.

I was just wondering if there is any recommended type of vinyl to use, or is it a case of some do, and some don't ?

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Stickers / graphics on a C5
« Reply #1 on: 06, May, 2009 - 17:16:12 »
The decals on the C5 only stick because they are on the areas designed for them, the surface is flat, rather than the rest of the body. So it might not be possible to get some graphics that stay stuck down.

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 06, May, 2009 - 18:17:03 »
Andy is right, the "normal" stickers fit in designated areas that have a very smooth surface.

I took a Sinclair C5 to a car graphics place once and they said they didn't have anything that would stick, not even stuff meant for dirt bikes.

If you take a look at pictures of "moneypit", it has a small "Union Flag" each side - these came from a sticker kit for a Triumph Motorcycle and are the only stickers I have known to stick to the upper bodyshell of a c5. They are a very thin sticker, not sure what material though. 

Offline minidaz

« Reply #3 on: 07, May, 2009 - 09:23:11 »
That's a bit of a pain ... have to come up with something else instead  ;D

Leeb7613

« Reply #4 on: 07, May, 2009 - 14:34:44 »
Daz,

This is not going to be of much use, but just to confirm what the others said, I havev tried to get stickers, but never suceeded  :'( :'(

Sorry matey!!

Lee

Offline minidaz

« Reply #5 on: 07, May, 2009 - 15:46:27 »
I did get some graphics, which didn't stick, so they just went on the Mini instead  ;D.

When i get round to getting another C5, it's going to be painted, so maybe i'll save the graphics for that one  8)

Daz

Offline minidaz

« Reply #6 on: 16, May, 2009 - 21:13:27 »
Karl, am i right in saying that you have the web addy on the side stripes on one of your C5's ?

If so, did you add it on top of the stripe, or get them made up like that ?

I'm in the process of getting a website together ( inspired by my C5  ;D ) and was thinking of doing the same to help advertise it.

Don't worry, it's no competition for c5alive  :D :D :D

Daz

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 17, May, 2009 - 14:48:48 »
"Dave" and "moneypit" both have the c5alive details on their side stripes.

I had them specially made ,and they just stick on top of the yellow stripes. Also put one on the back of my Estima  :) 

Offline minidaz

« Reply #8 on: 17, May, 2009 - 19:44:28 »
I thought that might be the case  :)

If i get the site going, i'll have to get some made up.

Daz

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 17, May, 2009 - 20:31:25 »
Good luck with the site mate , it's a good way of using up all your spare time  ;D

ps - if anyone wants one of these website stickers, as seen on moneypit etc., let me know as I have a few left over .

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #10 on: 18, May, 2009 - 08:35:55 »
I'll take a pair for Charlie and i can put one in the back of the car if you like ?

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 18, May, 2009 - 09:11:47 »
I'll take a pair for Charlie and i can put one in the back of the car if you like ?

Retro Andy

They will be on their way today mate  8)