News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: ** Now purchased ** Mirrors  (Read 2883 times)

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
** Now purchased ** Mirrors
« on: 07, November, 2010 - 08:21:23 »
Hello there,

Does somebody have a pair of mirrors he likes to sell to me. I bought an out of the box "road virgin" C5 and I would like to make it complete, with the original mirrors.
It would make me really happy. Just let me know your price.

Frank
« Last Edit: 28, November, 2010 - 13:16:24 by BooBoo »

Offline plumber

• Battery level: 1
Re: Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: 07, November, 2010 - 14:28:31 »
hi there i have a brand new set of wing mirrors in the boxes please call me on 07748907598 neil

the plumber  ;D

Offline techytype

« Reply #2 on: 07, November, 2010 - 17:12:02 »
must admit, while i know wing mirrors full well are nearly totally useless in all practicalities, i have bought a set off ebay for £45 squids, simply because (imho) the C5 simply looks 'naked' without them.

Alan
(i used to think the strife (aka my beloved 'behemoth') looked absolutely wonderful naked - just after near 40 or so years of marriage - i seem to have forgotten exactly why  :o ).

Offline frankev

« Reply #3 on: 07, November, 2010 - 17:34:43 »
I know they are useless, but in my case they are mandatory. I'll always look over my shoulder to be sure. Without mirrors I am not aloud to use my Sinclair as a handicap compensating vehicle.
I have a nice card as well. I can drive it anywhere in the city, so pedestrians, be warned. Frank's coming to town!  ;D ;D

marcdonnelly

« Reply #4 on: 07, November, 2010 - 18:51:28 »
I will post the wing mirrors first thing in the morning to you, had a busy weekend thanks marc.

Offline techytype

« Reply #5 on: 10, November, 2010 - 12:10:03 »
I know they are useless, but in my case they are mandatory. I'll always look over my shoulder to be sure. Without mirrors I am not aloud to use my Sinclair as a handicap compensating vehicle.
I have a nice card as well. I can drive it anywhere in the city, so pedestrians, be warned. Frank's coming to town!  ;D ;D
if your using your dog, will you need the caravan extension ones?  ;D.

can we have vid's of you 'kneecapping' innocent pedestrians, to do this legally you have to wear a licra mutant ninja suit  ;D ;D ;D

Alan

Offline frankev

« Reply #6 on: 10, November, 2010 - 13:36:07 »
Alan,

First things first,
Kneecapping pedestrians will happen and most likely be filmed after I have mirrors.
Till that day, The C5 stays in the shed, and it is nothing more than a toy for me.
 ;D

Racing arouns with Frey as my engine in a pedestrian aria seems a bad idea, he has only two modes. Stop and "full throttle". Maybe an idea for a computer game like "grand Theft C5" :D

Offline frankev

« Reply #7 on: 27, November, 2010 - 12:23:04 »
This topic can be closed,

I got a pair of beautiful mirrors from the plumber. Pictures will follow.

tnx Neil.