News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Alternative to the Sinclair chain tensioner  (Read 9728 times)

TRminator

Re: Alternative to the Sinclair chain tensioner
« Reply #15 on: 23, October, 2010 - 11:44:30 »
Marty - I haven't touched the motor, though it's to it and its connections that the finger will have to point.  As Marc says the control box was "tried and tested" prior to despatch so, unless something happenened in transit, which I doubt as it was well packaged, I think I can pretty much discount it as being the cause.  I've tried two different pods - same result.  So that brings us back to the motor again. 

I'm gonna let my colleague strip the motor.  I'm sure he'd be more comfortable with that than I would, plus he'll be able to take all sorts of readings with his multimeters that will guide him.

Let me state catagorically that I believe that what Marc sent me is exactly as he had described on his eBay listing, in case there is any ambiguity.  I wouldn't want Marc or anyone else to think anything to the contrary but have realised from his response that my last post appears to have made you think that was the case.  It isn't. :-X

TRminator

« Reply #16 on: 23, October, 2010 - 11:49:04 »
Thanks lads, I really appreciate all your input and will take on board your suggestions - though I'll leave them to Aidan, my colleague to try.  We already know where to start.  The motor!
-Kyle

Karl

« Reply #17 on: 23, October, 2010 - 13:14:11 »
Thanks lads, I really appreciate all your input and will take on board your suggestions - though I'll leave them to Aidan, my colleague to try.  We already know where to start.  The motor!
-Kyle

If you need any help with the motor, all the details are in the unofficial handbook (see the forum guide,or download section ) or on the linked topic;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=368.0

...and gearbox removal is covered here;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1217.0

..should get to the root of the problem one way or another  ;)
« Last Edit: 23, October, 2010 - 13:16:05 by BooBoo »

marcdonnelly

« Reply #18 on: 23, October, 2010 - 15:00:13 »
No problem kyle just had a very ackward customer on ebay  lately which name i will keep to myself sorry if i sounded harsh but i promise you the control box is 100 % good i have 2 more to sell soon but as untested only this time, thanks again for buying parts of me and hope you win the rear light once again i will package it well.marc.

TRminator

« Reply #19 on: 23, October, 2010 - 18:52:38 »
BooBoo - cheers man.  Ballads should be sang in your honour!  Thanks for that.

Marc - no probs  ;)

I've just realised how small the C5 community is:  From the responses to this post alone I've Bought parts off three responders!