News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: 18/9/2011 : Brooklands Vintage Cycle Event  (Read 20199 times)

Karl

Re: 18/9/2011 : Brooklands Vintage Cycle Event
« Reply #30 on: 06, September, 2011 - 10:36:00 »
Tickets have now been ordered and I've received an email saying they should be with me soon  8)

The final list was ;

myself
Angie
Steve
radioMarty (plus family)
RetroAndy
Plod
Peckishere (+)
MikeDx
ElectricDave
MiniDaz (plus family)
Scott +1
Ray
Javagreenmini
Jonny

A few details and some info, especially for those attending for the first time. If you've been before you'll recognise the arrangements  :)

It is an early start, apologies for those travelling some distance ,but as per previous years we will need to be on site for around 9am on the Sunday morning giving us time to get the display area all set up before the gates open to the public at 9.30 . If you are going to be late please let me know asap.

Each ticket will grant free entry to the c5 owner plus 1 , so any other guests will need to pay at the gate. As with previous years, I will issue the tickets at the entrance of the access road known as Campbell Gate  (check the link, shown as access point 2) ;
 http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/your-visit/how-to-get-here/

..previous directions;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=245.0

There are plans to hold another "scooterthon" for the youngsters so bring along your micro-scooters . Most important of all is to bring a cycling helmet if you want to venture onto the Mercedes Benz World test track   - it an insurance requirement and strictly enforced. No crash hat, no access to the track.

Brooklands Museum is a superb venue with lots to see and do, plus they have planned some good events for this festival so should be an excellent day out for us all - really looking forward to it.

See you there  ;D
« Last Edit: 06, September, 2011 - 10:39:44 by BooBoo »

c515mph

« Reply #31 on: 06, September, 2011 - 11:57:17 »
I am very sorry to have to pull out of this event,as the arrangements I made for Sylvia have fallen through.
I hope someone else will get the enjoyment from my tickets.
This is my favorite C5 event,so I am very unhappy.All of you have a great day.

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #32 on: 06, September, 2011 - 17:42:26 »
I am very sorry to have to pull out of this event,as the arrangements I made for Sylvia have fallen through.
I hope someone else will get the enjoyment from my tickets.
This is my favorite C5 event,so I am very unhappy.All of you have a great day.

Sorry to hear that Ray :(

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #33 on: 07, September, 2011 - 06:24:23 »
Really sorry you can't make it Ray.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #34 on: 07, September, 2011 - 07:39:22 »
Won't be the same without you Ray, but Sylvia quite rightly comes first . There'll always be other c5 events you can come to.

john hadjikyriacos

« Reply #35 on: 15, September, 2011 - 16:31:39 »
I am new to C5 Alive but I am available to attend on Sunday.

I have 2 C5s and will bring one on Sunday if that is ok.

John Hadjikyriacos

Karl

« Reply #36 on: 15, September, 2011 - 18:56:56 »
John - welcome to c5alive mate , it would be good to see you there  8)  Sadly, Scott has had to cancel so you can have his ticket .Meet me at Campbell Gate around 8-8.30am .

Neil - Ray's ticket is also up for grabs so same as above, come along to the Campbell Gate entrance and I'll hand out the tickets.

Karl

« Reply #37 on: 16, September, 2011 - 09:51:36 »
Just a reminder - The Brooklands Cycle Event is this Sunday !

Don't forget to bring your cycle helmet if you want to venture on to the Mercedes Benz Test Track..it's an insurance requirement and strictly enforced

Also, there will be a "scooterthon" for the kiddies so bring along a microscooter if they want to take part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siGB9mnF2lw

Either myself, or a lucky winning volunteer, will be at the Campbell gate entrance from around 8am onwards handing out the tickets for those on the list.

See you there  ;D
« Last Edit: 16, September, 2011 - 09:54:39 by BooBoo »

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #38 on: 16, September, 2011 - 10:36:53 »
Either myself, or a lucky winning volunteer, will be at the Campbell gate entrance from around 8am onwards handing out the tickets for those on the list.

Oooh! Some kind of lottery!

Jonny

« Reply #39 on: 16, September, 2011 - 19:28:58 »
looking forward to it!, will give tomahawk a good clean and charge tomorrow ready for sunday  :)

copendriver

« Reply #40 on: 17, September, 2011 - 13:12:22 »
Count me in!

Bringing some friend's along too & their children & will be great to meet some of you guys too.

Neil

Karl

« Reply #41 on: 17, September, 2011 - 13:33:37 »
Looking forward to us all getting together at one of the best events on our calendar  8)

The weather forecast isn't too bad, looks like we're in for a few light showers but otherwise good.

See you all there !

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #42 on: 17, September, 2011 - 21:39:18 »
Car's loaded  :)
Unfortunatly no cycle helmet for me, as couldn't find one big enough for my big head  :D

See you all in the morning  :)

john hadjikyriacos

« Reply #43 on: 17, September, 2011 - 21:40:35 »
John - welcome to c5alive mate , it would be good to see you there  8)  Sadly, Scott has had to cancel so you can have his ticket .Meet me at Campbell Gate around 8-8.30am .

Neil - Ray's ticket is also up for grabs so same as above, come along to the Campbell Gate entrance and I'll hand out the tickets.

Do you bring spares with you I could do with some inner tubes and tyres.

John H

Jonny

« Reply #44 on: 17, September, 2011 - 23:12:44 »
c5 succesfully loaded into my dads car ready for tomorrow, just in time aswell as it started tipping it down with rain just after we got it in!