News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Improving keyswitch function  (Read 2649 times)

Offline gertk

• Battery level: 6
  • When in doubt: C5
Improving keyswitch function
« on: 10, June, 2013 - 18:46:14 »
My keyswitch seemed to make intermittent contact with the battery connector(s). The front and rear lights functioned perfectly so it had to be the large positive contact in the red moving block.

I noticed the black T shaped cable retainer hindered the brown cable in moving so to test that theory I decided to remove it and replace it with a suitable washer slightly thicker than the retaine. Now the whole red block moves forward with a satisfying 'click' when I turn the key and does not break contact anymore when I wiggle the grey keyswitch holder. Only thing to keep an eye on now is that the cables do not become stuck under the grey holder when placing the holder onto the batterytop.
Maybe I will try to smooth the surface of the black holder so the cable will slide more easily. For testing the current solution seems to be working.

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: Improving keyswitch function
« Reply #1 on: 10, June, 2013 - 19:14:27 »
Whenever I've had a poor connection at the keyswitch it's always been a bent connector on the battery top.

I've ridden my Sinclair for the past 18 months and a good few thousand miles using the keyswitch and it has never failed on me.