C5 Help > C5 Support

Buyers Guide

<< < (2/3) > >>

Retro Andy:
Wow, looking at these pictures, you can certainly pick up some rough ones, I reckon I was lucky to get one in fairly sound condition.

Retro Andy

Karl:

--- Quote from: Retro Andy on  19, April, 2010  - 13:36:13 ---Wow, looking at these pictures, you can certainly pick up some rough ones, I reckon I was lucky to get one in fairly sound condition.

Retro Andy

--- End quote ---

You and me both mate - I remember back in 2006 buying my very first c5, I just chose one at random on Ebay and went for it  :o

I had an incredibly lucky purchase as "moneypit" was basically very sound.

We've got this buyers guide to try and ensure those that are new to c5's get the best for their money & avoid any horror stories 8)

Karl:
With the recent surge in new members, anyone have anything to add to this ?

Was this guide even of any use ?  :)

marcdonnelly:
Yes i found the guide usefull as a newbie i guess when i brought my first one i was clueless and on the second one i had a better idea of what to look for but still made some school boy errors but we live and learn.

frankev:
I didn't know all off these things, and as it appears I was extremely lucky twice!  :D
Even my old C5 looks like new in the areas that really matter.
Although I had a tick, tick , tick noise when riding away. Had to do with the slipping of the gear belt. Rotating the motor solved that fairly easily. The problem about these buyers guides is that people usually become a member of the forum after they bought a C5.
Useful info for future purchases.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version