News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Hello from Arizona  (Read 2983 times)

megatrack

Hello from Arizona
« on: 26, August, 2009 - 16:32:29 »
Hi, my name is AJ, I am from Phoenix Arizona, I bought my C5 new about 20 years ago when I was living in Montreal, Canada, it has the double battery set up, which was already installed. I used it for 2-3 years and stored it in my dad's basement when I moved to the USA.
I finally, after 17 years of storage, got it back last week, cleaned it, changed the tires, put a battery in and... WOW it works like new. After making a search on Google I found this forum and I am glad I am glad to see that you guys still love your C5.

Karl

Re: Hello from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: 26, August, 2009 - 18:35:55 »
Welcome to c5alive mate - I think you might be unique (apart from being the other side of the Atlantic) in that you have actually owned a c5 since they were new.

I don't think anyone else here has had one since 1985 ?

Makes you a bit of a star  ;D

Glad to have you here  ;)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 27, August, 2009 - 10:56:25 »
Great stuff, must have been really cool owning a C5 back in the day, good too hear its being used again and excellent too hear from someone from such a distance, can you post any pictures ?

Retro Andy   

megatrack

« Reply #3 on: 28, August, 2009 - 01:27:15 »
HI,
Here are some pics

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #4 on: 28, August, 2009 - 11:36:21 »
Still looks in great condition, Karl could sort out some new decals to replace the missing ones on the wheel covers if you wanted. Good to see yours have the indicators and mirrors etc.
P.S You don't look old enough to have owned it from new  ;D

Retro Andy.

megatrack

« Reply #5 on: 29, August, 2009 - 00:38:23 »
Can you imagine how hard it is to convince my son that this is not a toy?  he's never had so many friends...
Also, every time I want to use it the battery is dead... I have to show him how to charge the battery.
I have all the decals, I just have to find a way to glue them back.
I live in the Arizona desert and it's about 108 degrees F. (about 42 degrees Celsius)during the day so I guess I will have to buy a fan to cool off the motor.
 I use to take long rides 20 years ago, I weight 150 lbs at the time now...... 20 years later and 70 pounds heavier... how bad is it to affect the performance?
 AJ Arizona.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #6 on: 29, August, 2009 - 10:24:27 »
The C5 Alive cooling fan is a must and with the heat where you live you dont want to cook the motor.

Retro Andy.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #7 on: 29, August, 2009 - 10:59:01 »
Great condition C5 you have mate -good to see another one oversea being used and enjoyed.