News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: It's time for the New Years clear out!!!  (Read 17988 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
It's time for the New Years clear out!!!
« on: 01, January, 2013 - 14:46:39 »
Okay, as most of you saw yesterday, we have a LOT of projects... but there are even more that due to time we know we'll never get around to! It's New Year, we want a clear garden and people want new projects, so here we go  ::)

Although I've put prices for most stuff, I'm happy to listen to offers... PLUS do remember that I'm now in the "C5 restoration" phase so I'm more than happy to take C5 bits that you may have laying around instead of cash! Whatever... let's have a delve into the garden...

Now, Kamil showed an interest, here's the Nippy/Runabout stuff that I still have left. I tend to overbuy just in case there are bits that I need, but now mine's finished I don't need any of this...

Raleigh Runabout RM4
More than likely 1962, has the hard to find fuel tank and most other bits. Obviously missing engine, and also front fork needs attention, but fork parts are on...

Norman Nippy MkV
Identical, just badged as a Norman. Looks unsightly, but does have several useful spares, especially around the handlebar area that the Runabout doesn't have.

Box of engine bits!
I haven't had the whole lot out, but I can tell you there are (at a glance!) three cylinder heads, three pistons, an exhaust and a couple of blocks. Plenty to build up a couple of engines or at least enough for a good one for one of the bikes above! This is a 'golden lot' in terms of Runabouts as on Ebay even cylinder heads tend to fetch around £15 each!

So, plenty to get you started on a restoration!

Price? I'm looking for £100 for the lot.... both bikes plus all the engine parts and any other bits I can find around the garden  ::) OR because I'm now in the "C5 restoration" mood I'm more than happy to swap for something for my C5.

Next!

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: It's time for the New Years clear out!!!
« Reply #1 on: 01, January, 2013 - 14:48:22 »
Email sent!

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #2 on: 01, January, 2013 - 14:49:23 »
To some people a timeless classic... to me another garden ornament! Plenty of parts, easy resto, £5.

Raleigh Twenty Shopper

Any received the reply Kamil, just need to finish uploading these photos while I have the enthusiasm so will reply soon lol  ;D

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #3 on: 01, January, 2013 - 14:52:13 »
Now we're getting onto the 'rare' stuff... this is a 1920's New Hudson ladies loop frame. Bought because my wife loves loop frame bikes. New Hudson tend to be quite hard to come by but this one needs a lot of parts finding... will make a STUNNING bike when finished!

Looking for about £20 on the basis that that's what the chainring alone would fetch  ::) or again, swap for C5 bits.

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #4 on: 01, January, 2013 - 14:57:06 »
Okay, this is one of my favourites... it's saved my rear end at numerous shows because it's never given a single problem! Not the prettiest, but a great little piece of history. This is my 1956 Raleigh Dawn Tourist.

Working Dynohub lights, a rarity in itself. Slight rusting on wheels, but perfectly fine to ride and display as it... if not a very worthwhile project. The cylinder strapped to the downtube is a 'battery pack', and a very sought after accessory... it used to contain batteries that held charge while the bike had stopped so that the lights didn't go out. It doesn't work, I've never seen one that DOES work, but a great period feature  ;)

This one I'd be looking for around £45, or again swap for C5 bits.

Blue1976

« Reply #5 on: 01, January, 2013 - 14:59:07 »
i will have the push bike mate . swop 4 anything c5

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #6 on: 01, January, 2013 - 14:59:27 »
1920's Raleigh Gents.

I can't think of anything nice to say about it... it's old. It's taking up space. It's 1920's so fairly rare, but with this one I'm not really after any cash, I just need it gone, so let's say if you're passing nearby and you want it then come and get it  ;)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #7 on: 01, January, 2013 - 15:03:51 »
This one came from a funeral directors in Wiltshire... the funeral director collected bicycles and it was stored underneath  :o Yes, I actually had to go into the cellar to get it! Anyway, what is it? It's a circa1951 (maybe 1950) Humber. The style of the handlebars is known as "Gentlemans Racer". Humber made bikes for the Royal Family so this is probably the 'highest' bike I've got up for sale, but again needs more time than I really want to spend on it! £40 or (you guessed it!) C5 bits  :)

These are just the garden ones, I've also got about another 5 or 6 in the garage that I'm going to get rid of at some point including a 50's Triumph racer and various old ladies bikes  :)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #8 on: 01, January, 2013 - 15:05:28 »
Hi Ben, which bike were you looking at? Got lots lol  :)

Blue1976

« Reply #9 on: 01, January, 2013 - 16:53:39 »
there 4 bikes in a row the bike at bk with rusty mudgurd

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #10 on: 01, January, 2013 - 19:15:01 »
That's the 1920's Raleigh gents :)

Blue1976

« Reply #11 on: 01, January, 2013 - 19:32:25 »
thanks 4 that mate. so do we have a deal .

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #12 on: 01, January, 2013 - 20:03:04 »
Yep, sounds good to me, the 5 bicycles for the C5 right?

The Runabout and Nippy are still currently on offer by the way if anyone else is interested :)

Blue1976

« Reply #13 on: 01, January, 2013 - 20:18:14 »
let me no when u can bring them .

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #14 on: 01, January, 2013 - 22:55:50 »

The Runabout and Nippy are still currently on offer by the way if anyone else is interested :)

I would have loved to take them on as a project but as discussed earlier in emails with Danny for me it would result in a round trip of over 400 miles and that's a fair bit further than I was prepared to travel.