News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Make yourself known  (Read 32884 times)

jomac

Re: Make yourself known
« Reply #45 on: 21, August, 2008 - 00:02:32 »
Hi Lewes, your not far from us, and in fact halfway between us is Bubbles another new member who has just got a C5, and his dad bought a 2nd one yesterday and is looking for a 3rd one i think for Bubbles mum, so that makes 5 in a fairly local area, just enough for a meet i think.. ;D

The East Anglia C5 chapter..  ;)

DonkeySpank

« Reply #46 on: 22, August, 2008 - 10:30:24 »
...am hoping to use the C5 to go to the school where i work as part of my degree...

Great idea, but just be aware that C5s are immensely nickable and are tricky to lock up effectively with a chain.  I'd hate to see you post back here in a couple of weeks saying some scrote has swiped your C5 from outside the school gates!  Maybe you can employ am alligator guard-dog like Crocket from Miami Vice! LOL  ;D (Am I showing my age now??!!)

« Last Edit: 22, August, 2008 - 10:36:43 by DonkeySpank »

spudit2003

« Reply #47 on: 22, August, 2008 - 18:18:22 »
yes, thankyou, i was very concerned about that and have got a 6' cable lock for it. i have been considering my options for locking it up, i considered either putting it through the spokes of the front wheel (although this would be awkward to move the cover each time) or going around the rear axle, and obviously making sure its always locked against something secure. does anyone have any suggestions gor what is best? i looked at the security leaflet on sinclairc5.com but i dont think the lock i have will fit through the tiny slots on the wheels.
Lewes

jomac

« Reply #48 on: 22, August, 2008 - 23:23:40 »
fit a small alarm system, such as a bike or small car alarm, they draw very little current, but make sure you choose one that has a motion or vibration sensing as some cheap car alarms work on a tiny voltage drop caused by the interior light switch turning on the light.

Option 2 is an ex MOD land mine.... ;D

spudit2003

« Reply #49 on: 24, August, 2008 - 12:57:51 »
thanks for that, hadnt really considered something like that, will look to see whats available

DonkeySpank

« Reply #50 on: 26, August, 2008 - 14:54:22 »
Go for the alligator option!  ;D  Just go for the entry level "plain gator", you can always add the gold chain around his neck at a later date LOL  ;D ::)

toffeeboy

« Reply #51 on: 10, September, 2008 - 19:20:05 »
Hello!  I'm Matt, and i live in Sutton, near Ely, Cambs (CB6).  I'm new to the C5 - have ALWAYS wanted one and was fortunate enough to pick up TWO in one listing from eBay.  Both are in pretty good nick and I've given one to my 14 year old son, Christopher.

My best mate is very mechanically minded and he's got both cars at his house at the moment.  There are no batteries with my C5's so having read up a bit I've come to the conclusion that a leisure battery is the most viable option.

Can't wait to get them going.  I do live at the bottom of a small hill (not massive gradient) so not sure whether they'll struggle with this (?) and not sure if it's a 'spur of the moment' thing or not!

Anyway, feel free to get on touch with any tips, advice, or meets!
« Last Edit: 10, September, 2008 - 19:21:57 by toffeeboy »

garywrench

« Reply #52 on: 10, September, 2008 - 20:00:31 »
Hi Matt, i was watching that auction and bought another one that finished on Monday but not picked it up yet. Ive always wanted one, my dad wouldnt let me have one when they first came out!
Have fun, I'm sure i will but my son is too young to get one yet so have to ride on my own for another 8 years!
Gary

Karl

« Reply #53 on: 10, September, 2008 - 20:08:47 »
............. so have to ride on my own for another 8 years!

not if you come along to one of the meetings  ;) :D :P

blabblub

« Reply #54 on: 14, September, 2008 - 09:04:12 »
Yo Toffeeboy
Is that a lottery winners chq you are holding in your photo , my new best friend  ;D

Karl

« Reply #55 on: 14, September, 2008 - 09:07:45 »
Yo Toffeeboy
Is that a lottery winners chq you are holding in your photo , my new best friend  ;D

..he might be replying on your other forum  :o

Offline motormadmick

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #56 on: 15, September, 2008 - 00:56:20 »
Hi well i am Mike, ive just found this site after  being given a C5 that i didnt really want, after 18 months of having it, i was curious, and did a google to find out more and found this site.

Ive pretty much done the basics and got the thing running, but only for about 3 or 4 miles, i thought they did better then that?

Have i done something wrong?

Mick

Karl

« Reply #57 on: 15, September, 2008 - 21:27:48 »
Hi Mick

At the risk of stating the obvious, is your battery up to scratch ?

If it is then you're going to need to supply a few more details to help us identify what the fault is.

Other things to check depend on whether you're using the standard keyswitch set up or a modified battery connection.

Let us know and I'm sure we can get you rolling again.

Offline motormadmick

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #58 on: 16, September, 2008 - 07:30:10 »
Hi, i'm not too sure how to check the battery, its been stood for quite a while and has the battery it came with, when i get home this weekend, i will drag it out and take some pictures

toffeeboy

« Reply #59 on: 07, October, 2008 - 21:39:24 »
Yo Toffeeboy

..he might be replying on your other forum  :o

Is this a problem, being members of both?