News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Saturday 14th May 2011 - A.E.R at Santa Pod Raceway  (Read 22564 times)

Karl

Saturday 14th May 2011 - A.E.R at Santa Pod Raceway
« on: 14, October, 2010 - 10:28:24 »
The 2011 Alternative Energy Racing event will be held at Santa Pod Raceway on Friday 6th may 2011 (note: new date is Sat 14th May)
 http://www.aeracing.org/

....we're planning to attend with "Challenger" and also unleash the improved C-5000  ;D.

More details to follow nearer the time  8)
« Last Edit: 19, April, 2011 - 15:09:50 by BooBoo »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Friday 6th May 2011 - A.E.R at Santa Pod Raceway
« Reply #1 on: 14, October, 2010 - 17:49:46 »
Plenty of notice Karl, will look at the calendar at work and hope to be able to book the day off.

Retro Andy.

Karl

Re: Friday 6th May 2011 - A.E.R at Santa Pod Raceway
« Reply #2 on: 15, October, 2010 - 12:10:22 »
Plenty of notice Karl, will look at the calendar at work and hope to be able to book the day off.

Retro Andy.

..you might not need to book time off, I've had an email from the organiser saying they hope to shift the event to a weekend date as that way more people will come.

Watch this space for any updates  ;)

Karl

Re: Saturday 14thth May 2011 - A.E.R at Santa Pod Raceway
« Reply #3 on: 15, October, 2010 - 12:44:23 »
Note ; The date for this event has been changed to;

Saturday 14th May 2011

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Saturday 14th May 2011 - A.E.R at Santa Pod Raceway
« Reply #4 on: 15, October, 2010 - 13:39:14 »
Now Matt will be a happy chappy  :) :)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 15, October, 2010 - 19:11:24 »
Being my birthday that day I could well come along, but will have to see what the better half has got anything planned.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 03, December, 2010 - 15:57:33 »
I've had an email from the AER organisers;

Dear Alternative Energy Supporter,

Santa Pod’s very own Alternative Energy Racing event will shortly enter its fourth year with the confirmation of its 2011 date – Saturday 14 May.  Due to its growth and ongoing support it will be held on an exclusive weekend day, which in turn will further expand the event to wider audiences and competitors.  Numbers in 2010 reached over 30 entries with spectators in the thousands so in 2011 we should be able to hit over 40 entries and 5000 spectators.

As you in the past have expressed an interest in entering a vehicle into the event, or simply attending with a trade stand show casing your vehicle we would like to offer you the first free entries and free trade space!  This is open to companies, individuals, universities, colleges and clubs, and all types of vehicles are welcome, provided they are powered by energy that can be produced in a sustainable manner. That could include biodiesel, bioethanol, biogas, electric, hydrogen, compressed gas, and even synthesised fuels.

It’s a great opportunity to promote your vehicle and products either with a live or static display and show that motoring is becoming more environmentally friendly, that your technology really works and that it has a viable place in modern society.

If you want to take part, please reply to this email with the following information:

•   Team/Company name
•   Vehicle details (E.g. 2003 Volkswagen Golf TDI using 100% pure vegetable oil as fuel with minor fuelling modifications)
•   Team/Company website
•   Contact name, email address and phone number
•   An image of vehicle to be used
•   Team/Company logo
•   Paddock/Trade space required
•   Any other additional requirements, notes or questions

The racing on the day takes the form of Drag Racing: whoever can clock the quickest time over a quarter mile from a standing start is declared the winner.  There will be three titles contested in 2011, Fastest Zero Emission Vehicles, Fastest Alternative Fuel Vehicle and a judges choice of Most Environmentally Friendly.

Please visit our web site www.aeracing.org for full details and information, in the meantime I look forward to hearing from you and together making AER 2011 a huge success!

Kind regards,
Chris Dredge
chris@santapod.com

Tel: 01234 782828 | Fax: 01234 782818 | Web www.aeracing.org             
Track Office: Santa Pod Raceway, Airfield Road, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants. NN29 7XA

Once Christmas is out of the way I'll start putting a "Team c5alive" reply together  8)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #7 on: 03, December, 2010 - 16:34:34 »
Yeah looking forward to it - hope to have a modified Goldfinger for this one - can't say too much Matt always watching ....................

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 29, March, 2011 - 20:45:53 »
If you want to take your own c5 onto the famous Santa Pod drag strip, then you will need to register with Chris via the contact form and email to the address below ;

chris@santapod.com

contact form: http://www.aeracing.org/contact.php

Upload a piccie (don't forget to  register as part of teamC5alive) and you'll see yourself on the A.E.R website as part of the publicity campaign  8)

ElectricDave is taking the c-5000 along, I'll be there with "Challenger" and we'll be staying overnight Friday into Saturday. Hope a few of you will be joining us  ;D
« Last Edit: 29, March, 2011 - 21:03:22 by BooBoo »

Jonny

« Reply #9 on: 29, March, 2011 - 21:54:42 »
i'm hoping i can come to this event but it depends how far away santa pod is and whether my dad can take me+c5 down there. a couple of questions though:

1. can only modified c5s come?
2. does it cost any money to come?

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 30, March, 2011 - 08:17:12 »
i'm hoping i can come to this event but it depends how far away santa pod is and whether my dad can take me+c5 down there. a couple of questions though:

1. can only modified c5s come?
2. does it cost any money to come?

You would be most welcome to join in. It is free for "Competitors" but you must register before attending. Standard C5's are also eligible to participate - Ray and Radiomarty took part last year using 12v c5's.

ScubaChris

« Reply #11 on: 01, April, 2011 - 15:07:54 »
Grrr. Really not happy about this. I wanted to bring my C5 down and probably even register for a run on the strip but I can't get that day off work  >:(

Oh well, there's always next year.

C.

Karl

« Reply #12 on: 30, April, 2011 - 14:46:48 »
Reminder : if you want to take your c5 down the drag strip you'll need to register very soon, not long until this event takes place  :).

So far it only looks as though myself and ElectricDave are taking part ....

Jonny

« Reply #13 on: 30, April, 2011 - 17:07:58 »
i'm afraid this is too far for me  :-[

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #14 on: 01, May, 2011 - 23:21:03 »
Just filled in the registration form, see you all there .....

John