News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4363 times)

ashley

Hello
« on: 09, April, 2012 - 00:31:54 »
Hi, I have just bought my first C5 last week. I always wanted one as a kid when they first came out, but my parents could not afford one. I have seen them on the TV, magazines, books etc, but only ever seen one in the flesh a few years ago sitting in a junk shop.
Last week I decided enough was enough and looked for one ebay. I found one all complete, bidded on it, won it and collected it the next day. I dont know much about them just now, but I am learning slowly.
On the day I collected mine, I met a fello owner, a very nice guy who owns two and I was able to purchase a seat liner, jacket and cover off him to add to my C5.
Mine did not come with a battery and I guess my first question is, where do I get a proper battery for one. Second question is, what should I do first before powering the C5 up for the first time in my ownership. Ash

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: 09, April, 2012 - 08:02:30 »
Hi Ashely - welcome to the forum glad you have found us and have a C5 already  :) :) :) There is lots of opinions on the best batteries and it all depends on how often you use and the distance you want to cover - worth having a read through these posts here to get some opinions :
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html

Secondly it is worth giving it a quick service ie greasing the bearings / gearbox etc but if you want to power it up to see if it works you will have to decide if you are going to use the original key switch system or remove it and use quick release clamps to allow a better battery selection - the most important thing to note is BROWN IS POSITIVE and BLUE IS NEGATIVE on the original set up assuming nobody has played with it ! - this may seem obvious but connecting it the wrong way causes major damage and is very common !

Anyway let us know how you get on and piccys are always enjoyed on the site ! Enjoy  :) :)

Regards Marty
« Last Edit: 09, April, 2012 - 09:36:45 by radiomarty »

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #2 on: 09, April, 2012 - 08:41:58 »
Hi there Welcome to the site any help you want just ask ....bye Chas

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #3 on: 09, April, 2012 - 09:02:30 »
Hi and welcome to the forum..

Lance

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #4 on: 09, April, 2012 - 09:48:49 »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 09, April, 2012 - 16:24:21 »
Hello and welcome to the forum, we all have great fun in our C5's, Enjoy it  :)

Retro Andy.

ashley

« Reply #6 on: 12, April, 2012 - 00:25:02 »
Hey thanks everyone for the replies. Some good information there Martyn to help me start off! I will clean and service it first as it has stood for over 20 years apparently! Will look at putting on pictures when I can to! At present I am Reading up on them so I have a better idea of them! They are fun and I think have loads of character! Ash

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #7 on: 12, April, 2012 - 08:36:37 »
Hi if you thinking of a restoration check out my YOUTUBE video's my user name is   JORDAN8ISH  bye Chas

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #8 on: 12, April, 2012 - 14:19:47 »
Hi Ashley, welcome to the forum  ;D

Daz