News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Brooklands Museum and M-Benz World Test Track - Sun 20th September '09  (Read 57724 times)

Karl

Kid in a toyshop time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont you mean "kids" in a toy shop, nothing wrong in that  ;D

Retro Andy

He's also got a bigger car now, so Adam could fit even more goodies in  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Cool, I'll bring my spare pants  ;D

Retro Andy

Karl

Brooklands don't seem to have made up any advertising posters for this event .....so I think we should make our own.

Some really good ideas were put forward for the c5-25 event,so if anyone can come up with a similar good poster for this event I'll print some off and put them up at my local bike shop,newsagents etc.

The more people there to cheer us on the better , especially on the Mercedes Track and the Test Hill 8)

c515mph

Are you taking your Mini EL?
I could make a fun 2 car race,hehehe.

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
Hi Karl,
Stickers still available for both events. Also, due to a load on unused stickers, i can do you 800 for 10.00.
Mark

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
I'll try and have a go later in the week, got loads on and need to give it some thought.

Retro Andy

Karl

Re: Brooklands Museum and M-Benz World Test Track - Sun 20th September '09
« Reply #36 on: 04, September, 2009 - 09:06:53 »
Jordan has put together an advert for this event, I've emailed it to a couple of you .

If anyone else wants a copy and is able to put it up at work,local newsagents etc let me know and I'll forward one on to you.

I'll be asking for a list of those wanting to attend soon so that I know how many tickets to ask for.

Not long now, you can feel the tension building ......

Is Andy going to triumph again on the track, or is there a faster c5 rider waiting in the wings ??

Will Ray go the furthest up Test Hill ??

Last years records are there waiting to be beaten  ;D 8) :D

Dont forget you will need bicycle crash helmets ...and a microscooter !!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #37 on: 04, September, 2009 - 13:29:58 »
I dont think I going to win the race this time round Karl, it nearly killed my last year, but I must get further up the hill climb .

Retro Andy.

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #38 on: 04, September, 2009 - 13:55:32 »
I'll be there, but still currently short on a cycle helmet, so best see about getting one. I don't think i'll be worrying anyone in the race though  :D :D

Is there a prize for the shortest distance up the hill  ;D

Daz

Karl

« Reply #39 on: 04, September, 2009 - 15:11:09 »
I've just had a text message from Adam Harper confirming he will be attending again this year - so if there are any specific c5 goodies that you want it, might be worth giving him a call/text message to make sure he brings the right stuff along.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #40 on: 05, September, 2009 - 06:44:35 »
I've just had a text message from Adam Harper confirming he will be attending again this year - so if there are any specific c5 goodies that you want it, might be worth giving him a call/text message to make sure he brings the right stuff along.

Really great news.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #41 on: 11, September, 2009 - 09:50:36 »
Could I please now have the names of those wanting to attend

I will be contacting the event organisers again on Monday to tell them how many tickets we require.

Same as last year, a few things to note ;

The tickets will permit free entry to the person bringing along a c5 plus 1 additional person. I will be there handing them out at the entrance on the day.

You will need a cycle helmet before being allowed onto the track.

You will also have to sign a "terms and conditions" form before being allowed on the track. This will be done on the day. Note that there is a signing on time of 9am  

The schedule for the day has been published on the Brooklands site;
http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/details/2009/09/20/

As always this is subject to last minute changes and should be treated as a rough guide  :)

It looks as though we will be attempting the hill climb some time after 11am, and not venturing onto the track until after 3pm. Apologies to all those travelling from further afield as this will mean a slightly longer day than anticipated. On the bright side, it gives everyone more time to explore the fantastic museum site, have a good chat and spend money with Adam  ;D.

The children's micro-scooter race will be around noon , with the adult version of the scooter race to follow on afterwards. Each child arriving with such a scooter should also get free entry (not yet confirmed).

To summarise, free entrance tickets are available to those bringing along a c5 but I need to know how many tickets are required so please let me know before Monday if you want to come along.

Lastly, if you've any questions - just ask  8)

« Last Edit: 11, September, 2009 - 09:54:04 by BooBoo »

c515mph

« Reply #42 on: 11, September, 2009 - 10:43:19 »
I will be there with a C5 but not shure about bringing Mini EL,as it is a long drive with a trailer.
I will try to talk myself into it,hehehe.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #43 on: 11, September, 2009 - 15:28:19 »
I will defo be coming with 1 C5 , 1 scooter , 2 kids and 1 wife(she won't let me bring another one). Looking forward to it !!!

Karl

« Reply #44 on: 11, September, 2009 - 18:21:34 »
In no particular order of importance, the list of those attending so far ( soon to be amended.. ;D) ;

Me + 1
Angie
Steve
Pete + 2
Electric Dave + 1
Ray
Marty & family

Any others please let me know asap (before Monday !)