News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: C5alive exhibiting at Brooklands Museum - 28 Sep '08  (Read 38529 times)

Karl

C5alive exhibiting at Brooklands Museum - 28 Sep '08
« on: 06, June, 2008 - 14:54:47 »
If anyone wants to attend and show off their C5, we are attending Brooklands Museum on 28th September 2008 and taking part in a Vintage Cycle display  8).

The museum agree that Sinclair C5's would provide an interesting contrast to the usual exhibits  :)

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/events.cfm?SelectedMonth=9&SelectedYear=2008#cal

Although it is scheduled for September, I thought giving people as much notice as possible would allow for  planning !

More specific details to follow later.
« Last Edit: 08, June, 2008 - 19:31:12 by Karl (C5Alive) »

jomac

Re: C5alive exhibiting at Brooklands Museum - 28 Sep '08
« Reply #1 on: 07, June, 2008 - 06:38:30 »
This sounds an interesting day out, can you tell us more on your hopes?

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 07, June, 2008 - 10:11:45 »
World domination and cornering the market on all things C5  ;D

In all seriousness, it will build on the publicity generated by the Welsh Autofest and the various meetings etc. 8)
« Last Edit: 08, June, 2008 - 08:35:09 by Karl (C5Alive) »

jomac

« Reply #3 on: 07, June, 2008 - 23:38:28 »
well what with some of the exciting rebuilds with a difference, if we could manage to get the projects there, that would add a talking point as well.. ;D

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 08, June, 2008 - 08:40:15 »
Somewhere as exciting as Brooklands will always attract all sorts of technically minded enthusiasts from many walks of life.

When I go along to tidy up the C5 they have on display there , I always have visitors asking me questions about all things "C5"  8)

Hopefully with a larger C5 display in September , we should create some interest along the lines of the Welsh Autofest . If only a couple of those own a C5 languishing in a shed or garage somewhere, then there is always the chance they could be inspired to get it running again and join us on the various meetings. ;)   

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 02, September, 2008 - 15:18:30 »
This event has just taken a very interesting turn...

We are being offered the chance to take our C5's around sections of the Mercedes Benz test track  ;D

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/MB_World_Brooklands.html

This is an exciting opportunity, not to be missed !

So anyone who wants to show their C5 and have a bit of fun as well, please let me know so I can forward some numbers to the Brooklands team.

I cant wait  8)

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 03, September, 2008 - 11:56:36 »
**** some more news ****

This event is shaping into something far better than I originally anticipated  :)

Brooklands have permission to use the neighbouring Mercedes Benz World test track for 4 hours (from 8am-12 noon). They are putting together a programme of events that will include a Penny Farthing race, a Raleigh Chopper race.....and they would like to hold a Sinclair C5 race as well ! Full details later, but there will also be the opportunity to take your C5 onto the skid pan  ;D

For the afternoon we will then return to Brooklands Museum to take part in a static display until the site closes.

Entry to this entire event will be free for all those that bring a C5, if you bring family and friends they will need to pay the normal admission fee. There is a huge amount of free parking, plus its a superb venue for those loved ones attending who are not too interested in C5s  8). Brooklands itself is easy to find and not far from Junction 10 of the M25.

So if you only attend one C5 meeting this year , this could well be the one you really dont want to miss !

To take part in the race (it's up to us how competitive it becomes..) I will need to have your names as soon as possible to pass onto the organisers.

I'm really looking forward to this now  ;D

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #7 on: 03, September, 2008 - 14:02:25 »
count me in man sounds good i will try and find a way to get thier keep me informed

Offline Kurt

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #8 on: 03, September, 2008 - 15:08:54 »
Hi Karl,

Count me in too!

Really disappointed after missing Cambridge so will definetly be there.

Kurt.

Elmo

« Reply #9 on: 03, September, 2008 - 18:45:18 »
WOOOOO im coming!!! ;D :D ;D

so long as phil is the white van man again!! mwa ha ha ha!!  :P

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 05, September, 2008 - 16:09:38 »
The list so far ;

Me
Angie
Martin
Steve
Kurt
Alan1310

Plus Jordan & Phil as support team.

If anyone else wants to join in please let me know asap. To gain free entry to the site, you need to be on the list  ;).

You can leave it to on the day, but you'd have to pay the entrance fee   :P

If anyone wants to travel down the day before I'm sure we could sort out some floor space to keep the costs down  :-*

Wizbat

« Reply #11 on: 07, September, 2008 - 11:24:52 »
Count me in, sounds like too much fun to miss!!

Hank Ladd

« Reply #12 on: 07, September, 2008 - 18:50:42 »
Hello all,

I have been away for ages and not been checking the forum, I managed to have a look tonight and that event at the end of september looks/sounds great, especially getting to drive round the circuit! I think I will be interested in this, can you put my name down?

I will need to sort out some transport! But I will keep you posted!

Cheers,
Hank

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 07, September, 2008 - 19:52:01 »
The amended list ;

Me
Angie
Martin
Steve
Kurt
Alan1310
Paul "wizbat"
Hank

Nice to see the numbers growing  ;)

Good to hear from Hank again  8)
« Last Edit: 07, September, 2008 - 19:54:11 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Karl

« Reply #14 on: 09, September, 2008 - 20:20:03 »
latest update 9/9/2008
----------------------

The amended list of those wanting to attend ;

Me
Angie
Martin
Steve
Kurt
Alan1310
Paul "wizbat"
Hank
Ray Ives
"Eric" (aka keith)

I'll be meeting the organiser on site Monday 22nd to see where we will be setting up etc and then publish some more details later that day.

In the meantime the cut-off date for registering, and qualifying for free access, is Friday 19th September.

If everyone who has registered makes an appearance we will have quite an eye-catching display. Ray wants to bring along the "ubmobile" and I'm considering letting the furry one out to play  8)

Shaping up to be a nice event  ;)