News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: C5 armchair  (Read 3143 times)

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
C5 armchair
« on: 20, May, 2010 - 10:07:51 »
Would anyone like to have an upholstery type cover made for their kept in living quarters C5? It would look somewhat smat, and you could then watch  TV from the comfort of your electrically aided pedal tricycle, and could even accelarate towards the screen when the juicy bits of a programme appear!.  I shan't be making one for myself as even attempting to bring my C5 indoors would certainly result in me being asked to live in the garage or the summer house!!..

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Re: C5 armchair
« Reply #1 on: 20, May, 2010 - 22:39:35 »
and could even accelarate towards the screen when the juicy bits of a programme appear!.

At a time when I couldn't feel more low, this really made me laugh.  Thanks whoever you are.  I may be interested, but you'd need to post pictures of how mine would/could look.  Perhaps you have a showroom piece?

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 21, May, 2010 - 07:33:28 »
I agree, it does sound like a lot of fun - should add to the c5 grin factor  ;D

(Sorry to hear your feeling down Mike)

Offline coverman

« Reply #3 on: 21, May, 2010 - 12:29:42 »
No, I haven't made one yet, but one could select from almost any of the 75 or so fabric types and colours we have in stock(all plain, no patterns or stripes).We have 3mm high density foam for comfort padding if required. A lighter fabric would aid toward screen accelaration as those naughty moments don't last too long.

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 26, May, 2010 - 08:38:31 »
3mm HD comfort Foam would of interest, as the original seat covers are a bit rare and a good one expensive.

perhaps as its you trade take a look at offering an alternative?

if you wanted to get into another market, go on maxiscooters.com and look at the threads on seats for the Honda Silverwing, really great scoot ruddy awful saddle comfort.

could be a good revenue source offering to modify the foams as the skins only stapled on.

i'd get mates rates of course ;)
regs
Alan

Offline coverman

« Reply #5 on: 26, May, 2010 - 16:51:18 »
Seriously, I might try when time permits to see if I can make something similar to the upholstered seat offered as an accesory by Sinclair.

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 27, May, 2010 - 18:55:01 »
Seriously, I might try when time permits to see if I can make something similar to the upholstered seat offered as an accessory by Sinclair.

...maybe ,as an additional project, something to replace the foam handlebar cover ? I was thinking a BMX-style alternative for those that don't have a genuine Sinclair one. Not sure how big a market there is, but the foam covers are also getting scarce now.

Offline coverman

« Reply #7 on: 28, May, 2010 - 11:09:27 »
OK Karl,
I know two foam shapers, I'll ask them when I get time,if they can copy mine.