News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: just broken 3 of my c5's for spares  (Read 14055 times)

Offline Brummy

• Battery level: 1
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Re: just broken 3 of my c5's for spares
« Reply #30 on: 10, November, 2012 - 19:43:47 »
Hi,

Do you still have the handlebar cover ? I am also missing a wheel centre.

Many Thanks

Karl

« Reply #31 on: 10, November, 2012 - 22:44:26 »
I've stopped selling used spares for now until I take stock of what I have and what I intend to do with it all. I estimate I have enough to build five complete c5's with spares left over...or I could just break the lot and sell it all off. Difficult decision to make really.

Either way I've some other projects keeping me busy at the moment so this will probably be put on hold until the New Year. 

Karl

« Reply #32 on: 14, November, 2012 - 21:44:50 »
Actually I do have a couple of spare axles  :)

I'll take some piccies this weekend and email them to you  ;)

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #33 on: 15, November, 2012 - 18:48:21 »
Hi do you have a front head light lens in good condition as when i was at the brooklands cycle event i went over a bump to fast and it bounced out and chipped it a tiny bit :P.  Also do you have a rear light lens in good condition as our one has got hot and has made a lump in it. :(

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #34 on: 15, November, 2012 - 18:49:52 »
If so how much will it cost???

Karl

« Reply #35 on: 15, November, 2012 - 19:40:34 »
front light units are quite rare (and sadly therefore expensive)

rear lights would seem to be more plentiful as they appear on Ebay more frequently

unfortunately I dont have any spare lights up for grabs at the moment

Offline KarlG

• Battery level: 8
  • You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #36 on: 15, November, 2012 - 21:39:40 »
Hi Karl,

if you brake up an axle for Dave then I would like to buy the pedal chain spocket.  :)

Regards.  KarlG.

Karl

« Reply #37 on: 16, November, 2012 - 08:07:14 »
Hi Karl,

if you brake up an axle for Dave then I would like to buy the pedal chain spocket.  :)

Regards.  KarlG.

Since I'm not entirely sure which bits Dave wants I could always post the axle to Dave and then , once he has removed what he needs, he could post on the remains to you ?

Offline KarlG

• Battery level: 8
  • You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #38 on: 16, November, 2012 - 12:00:47 »
Since I'm not entirely sure which bits Dave wants

Ditto, after rereading his post I now assume that we are after the same part.  :-\

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #39 on: 18, December, 2012 - 19:57:16 »
Hi Karl

Do you have a pod for sale as I think there is something wrong with mine and so dose my dad. If you do it would be a great help. This is what is happening, I have the power on then the lights start going out like the always have done since I got the C5 in August and we never managed to sort that out. On the pod all the lights come on on the right hand side apart from the very right hand side yellow light. On the left hand side only one light comes on which is the yellow one. Some times you can get a good run out of it and other times you only get 2-3 minutes of runing before all the lights on the right hand side go out and starts beeping at me. Then for some reason if you fiddle with the conections on the back of the pod all the lights come back on on the right hand side the you can run for another few before you have to do it again. The motor is not over heating it is stone cold, nothing over heats. All very complicated and need help.

Luke
« Last Edit: 18, December, 2012 - 20:40:45 by Luke Salsbury »

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #40 on: 18, December, 2012 - 22:08:22 »
Hi Karl

Do you have a pod for sale as I think there is something wrong with mine and so dose my dad. If you do it would be a great help. This is what is happening, I have the power on then the lights start going out like the always have done since I got the C5 in August and we never managed to sort that out. On the pod all the lights come on on the right hand side apart from the very right hand side yellow light. On the left hand side only one light comes on which is the yellow one. Some times you can get a good run out of it and other times you only get 2-3 minutes of runing before all the lights on the right hand side go out and starts beeping at me. Then for some reason if you fiddle with the conections on the back of the pod all the lights come back on on the right hand side the you can run for another few before you have to do it again. The motor is not over heating it is stone cold, nothing over heats. All very complicated and need help.

Luke

Check the red wire going into the back of the pod is all intact and then check & clean the connections on the pod, there is a chance this will sort your problems.

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #41 on: 19, December, 2012 - 20:26:44 »
Yey

Finally the pod lights don't go down only the 1 green ones go out. We bought the connectors for the battery from the C5alive Shop to replace the Key switch now I think it works fine  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
« Reply #42 on: 28, December, 2012 - 19:06:50 »
Hi Karl, I've been told that you're my first port of call lol! I'm looking for several of the usual hard to find parts, but the one I'm stuck on right now is the plastic moulding/cover that goes around the front wheel. Any idea if you have one? Could also do with new rear wheel trims, but not as important as I have them already, just in poor condition :)