News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: WAVE 2013 6th July, Zurich, Switzerland  (Read 8130 times)

Offline theo

• Battery level: 7
  • A Life without C5 would be possible but senseless
WAVE 2013 6th July, Zurich, Switzerland
« on: 27, February, 2013 - 12:24:33 »

This year, the final station of the World Advanced Vehicle Expedition (WAVE) will be Zurich. On Saturday, the 6th of July, there will be a world record electric car parade, with more than 255 participants. Upon my registration the organizer, Mr. Louis Palmer, pointed out that Sinclair C5´s are very welcome.
More details: http://www.wavetrophy.com/

Offline baselpat

• Battery level: 6
    • My C5 Photos
Re: WAVE 2013 6th July, Zurich, Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: 27, February, 2013 - 13:06:37 »
mmmmm interested - I'd have a goal to get mine road legal....  If I can in time, I would be interested in joining.  8)

Offline baselpat

• Battery level: 6
    • My C5 Photos
« Reply #2 on: 09, July, 2013 - 08:19:42 »
Hi Theo,

How was it?  I've now seen pictures of your (?) Yellow C5 in a few places on the net/twitter at the event:

Also, a question how much power does the solar trailer help with? I've be thinking of doing something similar with spare large panel I have have in the cellar, but could not get the extra weight added to be worth the extra power it would provide - even on a very lightweight trailer similar to yours.

Pat

Offline theo

• Battery level: 7
  • A Life without C5 would be possible but senseless
« Reply #3 on: 29, July, 2013 - 17:48:51 »
Hi Pat,
the parade was very exciting. A new world record was made with 388 electric vehicles. Unfortunately my C5 didn´t count because it is a hybrid. I was the leader of about 40 hybrid-vehicles, mainly consisting of TWIKE Active-pilots. The organizer obviously didn´t expect
such a large number of participants and the parade also turned into the largest zero-emmision traffic jam in the world. The route of
about 4 km took me about two hours. Time to talk to other drivers, spectators, and time to get sunburned. Anyway it was great fun,
meeting people I knew from other events, and to meet new people interested in electric mobility. In the meantime there is a video about the parade. www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF2cYN4Kr2E  From the 11th minute onwards, look out for the yellow Sinclair.

Indeed the installed 60W solar panels on my trailer are not enough to keep the Sinclair running. Even more or bigger panels wouldn´t help because of the extra weight of ordinary cells I used. It would defintely work with an adequate number of thin-film cells.
My panels are just big enough for the trickle charge of the battery and last but not least for keeping my camping equipment dry in case
of rain.

Cheers,
Theo