News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Brake cable adjusters  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Theojw71

• Battery level: 0
  • My OTHER car is a C5...
Brake cable adjusters
« on: 11, June, 2014 - 23:59:55 »
My C5 has new brake handles on it. I have got hold of a pair of originals with the built in handbrake. My problem is they didn't come with the adjusters to hold the cable in place, and I can't find M2 size ones in modern shops now.

Anyone have a pair of adjusters that fit, or know where I can pick a pair up?

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: Brake cable adjusters
« Reply #1 on: 12, June, 2014 - 07:32:10 »
Hi there that original handles do not have adjusters , the cable adjusters are at the other end of the cable . the front one is in the caliper and the back one is near the back wheel. I do have some adjusters just not sure of the size let me know where ou want them to go
Bye Chas

Offline Theojw71

• Battery level: 0
  • My OTHER car is a C5...
« Reply #2 on: 12, June, 2014 - 20:27:47 »
Thanks Chas. OK - how do I get the cable to stay in the groove then at the lever end? Every time I use the handle, or turn right, the cable slides straight out of the slot - I've looked everywhere for stock photos of the handbrake lever to see if some fitting might be missing. Do you just crush the handlebar end to clasp the cable in it, maybe?

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 12, June, 2014 - 20:57:46 »
Hi there some cables are sold with the ends that fit into the small hole ..I think I have a couple If so I will post them to you but you will have to pull the inner cable out to put them on ...do not pull the outer out as it will be hard to put it back
Bye Chas

Hi just found 2 pair 1 original set and one new type ..Just PM me your address ...Bye