News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Indicator Fitting Help Needed  (Read 1597 times)

Offline pso-buzz

• Battery level: 4
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Indicator Fitting Help Needed
« on: 03, February, 2013 - 20:32:50 »
Hello there

Does anyone have an original template for fitting the indicators I could borrow or buy of them?
I see it had to be cut out of the fitting instructions.

Also on the plastic template for the rear indicators it has written on it 'This line vertical for right side' 'This line vertical for left side'. Does anyone know what this means? Doh. SORTED THIS ONE. I THOUGHT THE REARS FITTED VERTICALLY BUT THEY DON'T.

Also I have only got two metal lock plate fixings for both front indicators, I think I should have four that fit over the prongs.  Has anyone got any spare or do you have any idea of what I could use instead?

I was thinking maybe a very small elastic band wrapped around it. I should imagine if these round clips are pushed on they won't come off again.

Oh and what are the spring clips for? Its says clip them over the retaining feature on each if the fixings on the rear.

Thanks

Simon
« Last Edit: 04, February, 2013 - 12:58:37 by pso-buzz »

Offline pso-buzz

• Battery level: 4
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Re: Indicator Fitting Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: 04, February, 2013 - 12:55:13 »
« Last Edit: 04, February, 2013 - 12:56:54 by pso-buzz »

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: Indicator Fitting Help Needed
« Reply #2 on: 04, February, 2013 - 13:22:01 »
I would not worry I don't have any and mine have stayed in place for the last few years.

Lance