News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Some add-ons  (Read 5011 times)

Nitrowing

Some add-ons
« on: 27, July, 2009 - 10:46:04 »
I just can't leave it alone..!

First off is the stays to keep the fairing from flapping and wobbling around.

They locate in the pod mounts

One screw in to the centre of the spine

The stays have rubber ends so there is still a slight amount of flexibility but it's much better.
I have a few more of these in my cupboard under the stairs.

Nitrowing

Re: Some add-ons
« Reply #1 on: 27, July, 2009 - 10:53:16 »
As I was fitting the new front wheel, I noticed that the underneath of the C5 showed signs of serious abuse - over steering making it tip over/riding off kerbs and the belly was quite worn.

I had about 2 metres of plastic strip left over from having some double glazing fitted.

I have used 6mm stainless Allen bolts with nyloc nuts on the front of the grind rails and self tapping screw at the rear which I cut down after fitting. The rails were heated over the gas hob to get the bend at the front.

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 27, July, 2009 - 21:40:41 »
Grind rails - top pimping  ;D ..and a really good idea as well  8)

automino

« Reply #3 on: 27, July, 2009 - 21:50:06 »
hi where did you get the black steel front wheel please?

Nitrowing

« Reply #4 on: 27, July, 2009 - 22:57:20 »
hi where did you get the black steel front wheel please?
It's a black painted aluminium one (as I found out when I scratched it! Doh!).
The local bicycle shop for £10, most small shops that sell kiddies bikes will have them lying around.
It went straight in with no problems.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 28, July, 2009 - 08:18:33 »
It goes to show even that all are C5's came out the factory the same in their boxes, 25 years on they are all a little bit different.

Retro Andy

automino

« Reply #6 on: 29, July, 2009 - 08:56:06 »
hi nitrowing, my bike shop is unhelpful.  Can you get me a phone number for the shop concerned please?

Nitrowing

« Reply #7 on: 29, July, 2009 - 09:13:41 »
I'll ask around to see if I can get another.

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 29, July, 2009 - 09:16:18 »
hi nitrowing, my bike shop is unhelpful.  Can you get me a phone number for the shop concerned please?

You could try Andy at "AD Cycles" in Horsham,West Sussex  on 01403 258391   

Nitrowing

Boo Boo
« Reply #9 on: 29, July, 2009 - 12:52:17 »
Boo Boo - I'm quite surprised that you don't keep a few of these as stock!  ???

Karl

Re: Boo Boo
« Reply #10 on: 29, July, 2009 - 22:20:12 »
Boo Boo - I'm quite surprised that you don't keep a few of these as stock!  ???

I could do, but people can get them cheaper at a local bike shop so there doesn't seem much need for me to do so.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #11 on: 30, July, 2009 - 06:20:46 »
Yeah but it's to much hassle. First I gotta get in the car, fight all the town traffic, then I gotta find a parking space, then I have to pay to leave the car there, then I have to find what I want, then I get the 'what's it for' then I get the 'it's not made for that' are they still going q's then I have to queue behind the bloke pimping his car and buying the shop out. Then I have to drive home. All this to find it's to big- to wide - to long. Lol

I'm ok for a wheel tho as I got one from Adam but you get the picture ! I always buy online when ever I can - I guess I'm lazy l.

Nitrowing

« Reply #12 on: 30, July, 2009 - 14:17:36 »
Yeah but it's to much hassle. First I gotta get in the car, fight all the town traffic, then I gotta find a parking space, then I have to pay to leave the car there, then I have to find what I want, then I get the 'what's it for' then I get the 'it's not made for that' are they still going q's then I have to queue behind the bloke pimping his car and buying the shop out. Then I have to drive home. All this to find it's to big- to wide - to long. Lol

I'm ok for a wheel tho as I got one from Adam but you get the picture ! I always buy online when ever I can - I guess I'm lazy l.

I agree - it took me ages to get a hold of one due to most of those reasons!

automino

« Reply #13 on: 30, July, 2009 - 15:34:36 »
So what is actually needed here is an alluminium rim with narrow hub and disc.  Im gonna work on this, but if anyone gets hold of a decent steel one please let me know.