News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 2456 times)

c you jimmy 5

Introducing myself
« on: 21, October, 2008 - 18:29:32 »
Hi
My name is Jason Himpson and i'm a C5 owner, there i admitted it, though i'm amongst fellow addicts !!
I've owned my one since March 08, i've known a certain c515mph for a few years and it is he that i have to blame for wanting and then owning one.
Mine came off Ebay and hasn't run for over 20 years, the previous ( 1st) owner ordered it after attending the Ally Pally launch and used it for his cycle hire shop in Cambridge. He intended to sell them as well as hire others but the panning they got from the media made him not bother with them.
With it came a huge folder ful of press cuttings of him plus loads of Sinclair stuff, it's number 140 and at present is stripped right down as i'm rebuilding it.

As bought, it came with a few spares  too.

Now stripped, the frame was sand blasted,primed and then painted Ford Dove Grey.

All the various items purchased mostly off Karl, thanks mate. As you can see a steel wheel is to be fitted so as to help with braking.

Karl

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: 21, October, 2008 - 19:37:06 »
The first piccy made me think - nope, he wont be ready in time :o
..then I saw the others and thought yep - I reckon he's gonna do it  ;)

Welcome to the forum mate, and should see you at Ray's meeting.

Glad all the bits arrived okay  8)

c you jimmy 5

« Reply #2 on: 25, October, 2008 - 18:10:53 »
Well it's done, i've still got some ' fettling ' jobs to do but it runs under it's own power, probably the first time in 20 years.
My mate Matt did the work as i'm so busy at work etc to complete it, but i'll get it to mine and finish it ready for the Norfolk run in November.
Here are a couple of shots taken tonight when i went to see it, i'll be driving it the 2 miles home through Norwich city centre tomorrow evening.

Matt enjoying his days work

Everything working A ok.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 26, October, 2008 - 19:21:31 »
looking fab  ;D 8)