News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Wanted: C5 or frame/shell in US  (Read 1897 times)

Offline shadowfax211

• Battery level: 1
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Wanted: C5 or frame/shell in US
« on: 03, August, 2013 - 17:06:11 »
I've just discovered the C5 on Youtube, thanks to eevblog. Does anyone know of one in the US? I've searched ebay, craigslist, and a myriad of other sources. I'm looking for one to buy, or someone who has a frame and someone who has a body, so I can build one up if need be. Sorry, but I can't pay hundreds of pounds to have one freighted from across the pond. :( Thank you for helping me out!

Karl

Re: Wanted: C5 or frame/shell in US
« Reply #1 on: 06, August, 2013 - 20:43:42 »
..there are a couple of c5's in The States, I've supplied spares to them in the past and there's also one in a microcar museum on your side of the pond.

Not sure how often they come up for sale though  :-\

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
Re: Wanted: C5 or frame/shell in US
« Reply #2 on: 07, August, 2013 - 11:14:24 »
It will probably be cheaper to buy a complete running one fronm the UK and pay to ship it than to have to acquire all the spares from UK separately( lights, mirrors, for example are very expensive when sold separately) A C5 is about 69" long and 33" wide and about the same height and weight less than 80 lbs so work out the shipping cost from that.