News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Latest addition to my C5 collection  (Read 3810 times)

Karl

Latest addition to my C5 collection
« on: 19, December, 2009 - 18:01:34 »
Needs a bit of work, will be number 3 on my list of c5's requiring restoration when the weather warms up a bit  8)

The guy I collected it from today was the original owner from new.lt still has the front wheel shroud, handlebar foam ,pod and a bootlid - they are tucked away in my garage already.

It also came with the small owners handbook, and included a photo of the Hoover Service Engineer giving this c5 its first free service  8)

Big hello to Mick from Middleton  ;D
« Last Edit: 19, December, 2009 - 18:45:28 by BooBoo »

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: Latest addition to my C5 collection
« Reply #1 on: 19, December, 2009 - 19:28:39 »
That's a great pic of the C6 being serviced  ;D
Has he got it resting on a stand or something ... looks like quite an awkward angle to be working on a C5  :D

Daz

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #2 on: 19, December, 2009 - 19:46:01 »
crkey Krl,
got you work cut out with this one, me thinkswait till warmer times and arrange a barbi-fix day where hopefully many members turn up and help fix it along with other machines  ;D

regs
alan

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 19, December, 2009 - 20:00:04 »
I guess the photo is a fascinating insight into how it was hoped things would develop.

It isn't all that clear in this scanned image, but minidaz is correct - the c5 is resting on some sort of stand ,painted a similar colour grey to the chassis of a c5.

Personally I find placing the c5 on a Black&Decker workmate makes life easy enough. The angle of that stand seems quite strange , not sure how comfortable the engineer felt working like that.

Alan is right, this c5 is a bit of a challenge - but then "half-pint" was in a similar condition so I'm hopeful this one can be saved and put back on the road. it is remarkably complete, which always helps !

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #4 on: 19, December, 2009 - 20:40:11 »
Love that pic of the service in progress - good luck with the restoration - yes it's too dam cold to do it the moment !!!!

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #5 on: 22, December, 2009 - 23:06:01 »
good one dude - hope it works out !

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 23, December, 2009 - 07:31:30 »
Great stuff Karl, its always nice to a restoration project take shape and seeing another C5 saved and being used again, looks like you're going to be busy in 2010 (perhaps you can restore 25 C5's in it's 25th year  :D)

Retro Andy.